Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Wonder what would have happened if Ferran was up top with Raz on the right and Gabby on the left? Feels like they’d all be in their best positions then
That would have been interesting to see.

But I think Pep probably wanted to minimize changing their positions too much, Sterling's been playing LW regularly and for England, and Ferran's minutes lately (Fulham) have come from RW as well as RW in Spain.

Could do without encouraging the rags. They could cut the lead to 8 points by the time we play again. I still think we've got too much of a lead, but if we go into that last when having not sown it up then I'd be furious, and every game we let get away from us only makes it worse for our mentality, something we have to protect at this stage of the season.

Thought today we were poor defensively and that lost us the game. No Dias no clean sheet, evidently. To rest both him and Laporte seemed a bit of a risk. Leeds offered very little threat yet scored twice. Arse kicking for the team is due for that.

The lack of creativity and willingness to move, Stones and Jesus aside, was not good enough. For a team bursting with talent and flair we were pedestrian for large parts.

But we still should have had enough. Afraid to say our wide players offered nothing, Torres and Sterling, until Torres scored that is. Needed a playmaker in the middle if we were going to stretch them, or a change of pace, Kev's long passing for example.

Still, we know city can react with ruthlessness after a defeat. Now is the time to be remembered, either as heroes or as failures.

In 2012 ( Aguero's first season) , the gap was 8 points with 6 games to play

now we have the same opposite situation in ( Aguero's last seasob )

karma on the way
been saying for a while that "14pts gap" is a bit of an illusion......the rags are more than capable of winning those 2 games in hand......spurs are shit right now so they will reduce it to 11pts tomorrow i think at least.

Pep's comments

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "We played a real good game. The goal we gave them, in behind, we were solid and make mistakes for a counter attack. We did not control it. We did not create enough for the forwards. It is part of the game.

"In the last 10 minutes they had other chances, they fast and can do it. When they defend in the way they were you have to stop them running and we did not do that. The best moment we had in the game we make a mistake behind and we tried but could not score.

"We are going to rest and prepare two days for the game in Dortmund and decide on how we are going to play."

It must be frustrating for him as well. For me playing a rusty Ake and Mendy in the same team was his first mistake but I guess Laporte being unfit forced that one. We didn't creat enough because for almost the whole game our four most creative players were sat on the bench, Mahrez, KDB, Gundo and Foden. Like us all he couldn't predict Sterling, Jesus and Cancello would be so poor. Torres is a kid finding his feet and needs time, at least he scored. All the changes obviously disrupted our rhythm and effectiveness. On another day we might have got away with it, today we didn't. The rags and hopefully Leicester dropping points tomorrow eases today's pain considerably.

I'm just watching Jota playing for the dippers, at the price they paid he's going to be a steal.

Game over, although a frustrating result, important big game players are rested for Wednesday.
Only important if we beat Dortmund.

I think you should check United's schedule. Spurs, Leicester, liv, villa(a), wolves(a),leeds(a) are no pushover, plus Thursday night football which will be their priority considering the chance of silverware.
I strongly believe we won't need more than 5 points.
I get it Pep took a big risk, but rather take that and go all in on the cups, than winning the PL at a canter and regret what might have been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.