Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

I think you used to have to play 5 games to qualify for one, but I think City can pay for more, which I think they do.

You mean they can buy an extra medal if they want one? Don't make that public, can do without the "City in cash for medals scandal" headlines on top of everything else.

Swop Spanish Dave for KDB, Gundo, Foden or Mahrez, what the dirrerence?

Confidence, that's the missing item , not Spanish Dave.
After Xmas Sterling played several games as Captain, as Fern wasn't being selected to start matches, & KDB was out injured.

We won all those matches & Sterling rose to the occasion. It was KDB's return that coincided with RS7's drop in form, & this seems to have led to a loss of footballing confidence.

Before this, RS7 was playing on instinct, now he seems to be thinking about his performances, & those split seconds lead to indecisiveness. How many times have we seen him score a goal in a flash, beat a player in a tight situation to assist a goal or supply a killer pass? However, given time to think, he'll become indecisive & either make the wrong move, or lose the ball whilst thinking what to do next?

It's a confidence thing. RS7 needs a break, time to recharge his batteries, & time to get his head straight in time for next season & a shortened pre-season. RS7 will be fine.

It's bad enough the media & racist fans getting on his case just because he dared leaving the Dippers to come to oil money City. He's given us loads since he's been here, it's time we supported him in his time of need. He's a Blue & is one of us. If anyone knows what it's like to be down, it's us City fans.

You mean they can buy an extra medal if they want one? Don't make that public, can do without the "City in cash for medals scandal" headlines on top of everything else.
Haha!

I think City have bought them for back room staff and coaches, plus squad players who didn’t qualify.

For me, every player in the 25 man squad should automatically qualify, plus anyone else from the younger players who don’t have to be named in the squad, but make the bench (or maybe make an appearance).

I was hoping Palmer might get 5-10 mins tonight, and I think he would have done if we’d have scored another goal. Alas…at least he got some First Team experience (Travel, team meetings, dressing room, warm ups, watching & listening to game management from the bench, pre-game, half-time and post-match team talks from Pep and the Captains). All if that is excellent bedding in with the First Team squad for the future.

After Xmas Sterling played several games as Captain, as Fern wasn't being selected to start matches, & KDB was out injured.

We won all those matches & Sterling rose to the occasion. It was KDB's return that coincided with RS7's drop in form, & this seems to have led to a loss of footballing confidence.

Before this, RS7 was playing on instinct, now he seems to be thinking about his performances, & those split seconds lead to indecisiveness. How many times have we seen him score a goal in a flash, beat a player in a tight situation to assist a goal or supply a killer pass? However, given time to think, he'll become indecisive & either make the wrong move, or lose the ball whilst thinking what to do next?

It's a confidence thing. RS7 needs a break, time to recharge his batteries, & time to get his head straight in time for next season & a shortened pre-season. RS7 will be fine.

It's bad enough the media & racist fans getting on his case just because he dared leaving the Dippers to come to oil money City. He's given us loads since he's been here, it's time we supported him in his time of need. He's a Blue & is one of us. If anyone knows what it's like to be down, it's us City fans.
RS7? Fuck me!

Me too. The match day thread (which for me is read only) was exceedingly good as well, for a dead rubber, packed with full-on flap and get rid stuff. I especially liked the guy who felt compelled to tell us all he had a top job in Edinburgh, £2m in investments and a £1m house to rebut an accusation he was thick. Btw if you don't know Edinburgh I can tell you £1m might get you less house than you might think.
Well it would do for me.

I didn't know that. He seems to be extremely fragile after the last knee operation and contracting the virus. I was hoping for some magic moments in the remaining games just like those when he first arrived.
You've had one. If Mendy had actually dived for the penenka you'd have had two.

How many passes was that in the 3 minute spell when Newcastle didn't touch it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.