Seasoncard - 2021/22

People said that humans would die if the went over a certain speed and walked in front of cars with red flags

ludites smashed up labour saving machines as they thought it would take their jobs !
Instead the technology paved the way for GB to rule most of the known world !

Get on with it or get left behind !
Time or tickets wait for no man !

or should we go back to bunking of school or work to join a 4 hour queue for tickets?

really do not get some people

if u do not react to changes in ur inviroment you die !

that’s why humans still exist and many other species do not
Yes, technology never let's us down and always makes things better...

Google Glass?
Sinclair C5?
The Apple Newton?
Microsoft Zune?
Apple Maps?

i have a android smart phone with this nfc on it,i keep hearing about " google pay " app

if i download that and install it,I presume i will have to put some credit/debit card details in right ? ,regardless if I ever use google pay for something or not,which i definately would not

if this is the case 'm out,simple as that.
I got lucky for the Everton game and as I have a work iPhone I set up Apple Pay. You have to enter your card details but once I was set up I was able to delete the card but still use it. I assume you can do the same with Google Pay.

As I have posted previously, I phoned up and was told that I could request a card but that it would be decided on a ‘case by case’ basis. I was certain this was a load of bollocks after receiving very evasive answers when I asked who decided and based on what criteria.

I mailed last week to ask what the outcome was and I received the standard ‘in due course’ response that others have received. I replied to that mail saying it didn’t answer my question and that I had been mislead when I called up. No surprise that I haven’t had a reply to that mail.

There will be no plastic cards issued but the club is trying to work out how to break it to people that were told they could have one.

When I called, and it only last week he asked me 3 times to give a valid reason, which I did, that my present phone wasn't compatible until I upgrade and I don't have a printer if e tickets were an option.

He said after the third time of asking , right we will have to sort one out wait for an e-mail, which I haven't had.

Not too fussed if they let me down I can probably sort it out on my work phone, but means having the carry the fucker about on a match day.

For me dad in his 70s and who had a bog standard handset, if they don't send him a card then he won't be able to get in

i have a android smart phone with this nfc on it,i keep hearing about " google pay " app

if i download that and install it,I presume i will have to put some credit/debit card details in right ? ,regardless if I ever use google pay for something or not,which i definately would not

if this is the case 'm out,simple as that.
You do not need to register any cards for payment,
you can skip that bit,
i did it , the old fella did it and 3 other mates did,

When I called, and it only last week he asked me 3 times to give a valid reason, which I did, that my present phone wasn't compatible until I upgrade and I don't have a printer if e tickets were an option.

He said after the third time of asking , right we will have to sort one out wait for an e-mail, which I haven't had.

Not too fussed if they let me down I can probably sort it out on my work phone, but means having the carry the fucker about on a match day.

For me dad in his 70s and who had a bog srandard hamdset, if they don't send him a card then he won't be able to get in
I can reluctantly live with it if there are no cards but the point for me is the complete lack of clarity and openness on the part of the club.

They know now if cards are an option or not so the fact that they won’t confirm that they are tells me they definitely aren’t.

For me dad in his 70s and who had a bog standard handset, if they don't send him a card then he won't be able to get in
Oh he will get in quite easily. He just needs to spend £600 on a laptop and printer or make a weekly round trip to his local library and pay to print it off there.
All of this seemingly more convenient and less hassle than having a little plastic card you just carry in your wallet!

Oh he will get in quite easily. He just needs to spend £600 on a laptop and printer or make a weekly round trip to his local library and pay to print it off there.
All of this seemingly more convenient and less hassle than having a little plastic card you just carry in your wallet!

The thing is they are making plastic cityzens membership cards so if a few 100 extra need making for SC holders why the reluctance and turn it into a palava

It's just an utter shambles and anyone who tries to defend it must have a vested interest in it. This is not about refusing to move with technology, but more about City needlessly changing a system that was familiar and worked to a system that will be flawed and will be largely alien to many.

It speaks volumes of the club moving out of sync with its match attending support and would never have even been contemplated if our match day revenue was still our key source of income. In short, the legacy fan is soiled goods and I can only imagine this is a clever attempt to weed the penny pinching pensioners out so the day trippers can flourish. Thank God I deferred but frankly if this is still in situ next season, and if we ever get back in, then I won't be bothering again and they will have achieved their aim of removing this legacy fan for good.

I can reluctantly live with it if there are no cards but the point for me is the complete lack of clarity and openness on the part of the club.

They know now if cards are an option or not so the fact that they won’t confirm that they are tells me they definitely aren’t.
You know that for certain? As far as I can see, there is a definite push from most football clubs to go mobile ticketing, so they need to drive (i.e force) punters into it, because if you advertise the fact that they can still do plastic cards, then there'll be lots who want one. Maybe City are seeing what sort of pushback happens before deciding if they can offer a plastic card solution. I think if they do, it will be combined with ID requirement and even possibly dedicated turnstiles, because the aim of this push seems to be to combat ticket touting, but I also think it could be linked to suggestions from security experts on the back of the arena bombing inquest, it just seems too much of a coincidence that the clubs are all making these changes now.

You know that for certain? As far as I can see, there is a definite push from most football clubs to go mobile ticketing, so they need to drive (i.e force) punters into it, because if you advertise the fact that they can still do plastic cards, then there'll be lots who want one. Maybe City are seeing what sort of pushback happens before deciding if they can offer a plastic card solution. I think if they do, it will be combined with ID requirement and even possibly dedicated turnstiles, because the aim of this push seems to be to combat ticket touting, but I also think it could be linked to suggestions from security experts on the back of the arena bombing inquest, it just seems too much of a coincidence that the clubs are all making these changes now.
You would like to hope they know for certain what there plans are given the season starts in less than 4 weeks. How late can they leave the decision and make it clear to supporters what they're options are and giving them time to have it in place to prevent chaos on the first home game and probably subsequent ones too.

I also highly doubt its anything to do with the Manchester bomb enquiry as doubt season ticket holders names are ran through any terrorist database on a regular basis and its also far more likely any terrorist planning anything would just get a print at home ticket for an individual match anyway.

As I've said before I have no issue with times changing and new options being introduced but it needs to be done in a timely manner, phased in gradually and clear to everyone what is expected of them.
All we have right now from City is smoke and mirrors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.