Seasoncard - 2021/22

Possibly activate last (but one) season's card? I think we'd be talking small qties of lost and discarded ones which I'm sure could be encoded onto blanks, I agree I doubt security printers would be involved now.

On a slightly sad unrelated note, every printing firm I worked for has now gone - I got out at the right time. St Ives were a global operation but technology caught up with them too it seems.
The fact that St Ives were in the web and sheetfed commercial print sectors were a death knell.

I mainly sell into the sheetfed packaging market and that is booming. It is increasingly dominated by a small number of huge groups with hardly any independents left though.

How do you know this? Have you received an official email from City saying that the alternative is not an actual card?
Personally until City send me an official email saying one way or another I’m reserving judgement. :-)
My account manager confirmed it to me when renewing

The thing is they are making plastic cityzens membership cards so if a few 100 extra need making for SC holders why the reluctance and turn it into a palava
This.

I received a plastic Cityzens card a few weeks ago, before signing up for a season card on the 8th.

My phone is basic, and can't download the tickets; I don't have a printer, like others have pointed out.

I did get a e-mail reply a few days after the 8th stating I'd be put on the alternatives list, and followed it up first thing this morning pointing out I don't have a printer. Waiting now for a response to that.

The club can introduce what they want, but forcing fans to buy new hardware to make it work is a disgrace.

This is going backwards not forwards, creating a problem rather than fixing one.

Exactly, should have had the option this season and a comitment to fully roll out next season so people have time to adjust that need to.
Also I expect many would be and are fine using their phones to swipe in as it is part of normal life now for getting o traims/plains going into comcerts, paying for shoping akd even things like you lidl/tesco/iceland club cards are on your mobile.

To limit it to the option of mobile or printed tickets leaves a section of your fans hamstrung from the off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.