General Videogame Thread

Started assassins creed Valhalla on the Xbox series X a few days ago.

I missed playing Odyssey and Origins for one reason or another (can't remember specifically why, but I went off gaming altogether) after being an avid player of the series up to then.

All i can say from the first few hours of play is they (Ubisoft) have come a long bloody way with the franchise. From memory, once you had learned parry timing most confrontations were just grind. This seems so much more...difficult in a way to make me want to go full stealth to avoid confrontations, my favorite method of play with RPG.

The world seems massive and very well delivered.

I'm lovin it so much i even get drawn into the silly side games that have found there way into these titles (GWENT in Witcher for example) so i'm winning rap battles with vikings and playing a really annoying dice game.
Invested a lot of hours into this. If you are the doing the wealth and mysteries side missions as well, wait until you have to go fishing for the offerings. Pointless (I just used Odins sight and arrows). Or build up cairns. Frustrating!

Invested a lot of hours into this. If you are the doing the wealth and mysteries side missions as well, wait until you have to go fishing for the offerings. Pointless (I just used Odins sight and arrows). Or build up cairns. Frustrating!
I'm a bit of a free roam fan (found many an rpg goes shit/i loose interest after you have completed the story quests.

Nearly jacked it in the other night, when it went all trippy after building some weird womans hut. ;)

Only thing i am truly narked about is the lack of coherent story telling, people waffling on about things that have not yet been explained.

Really enjoying it though and i aint been in England that long ;)

After a long time out of the video game world, I kind of got back into it over the lockdowns using the kids xbox. Now have a series s, and have played through shadow of war and The Witcher 2 and 3. TW3 was brilliant.... But where do you go from there?! Really enjoyed the immersive world and choice based rpg. Does anything else come close or better?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.