Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The attendance ended up being better than I expected last night to be honest. I’m shocked if it was only 38k because I’d have stabbed at mid 40’s going off what I saw.

The worst thing with our support for me is the leaving early. I understand it last night and in other midweek games because I’ve been there myself having to catch the last train etc. But it is frustrating as hell at weekend games seeing the ground emptying with ten minutes to go after the lads have played fantastically. It must be a bit demoralising for the players to see the ground near enough empty at the full time whistle.

Remember the scenes after that derby game in 2012? We need to try and recreate that atmosphere at times and especially in europe if and when we reach the latter stages.

You have to ask the question why we are the only club who has a focus on the attendance figures, you never hear anything about the dippers or Chelsea even though they have lower attendances than us.

It's almost like there is a club close by who have larger attendances but fuck all else to crow about and the media want to suck up to them.

In the dark days when the team was shit and even prior to that when Swales wanted to be bigger than that lot the only way to watch your team was by going to the ground.

Now every game is either on TV or streamed and to watch your club you no longer have to treck to the ground.

Add in the fact costs, the pandemic as well as the time associated with attending then the club have got to see the bigger issues and what they are competing with.

Most have ST and are trying it out going to the game, but it doesn't mean the same fans have signed up to more games, Cup schemes.

We are living in a new normal and i am sure the attendances will improve in CL games

This is exactly what I'm not getting though, nobody has attacked the support of those attending, if anything he's championing it?

Nobody in there right mind would question your support to the club @Eccles Blue
Maybe it's in his grasp of the English language @Danamy...maybe I am getting too emotional about it all?... now you are making me feel bad for taking it so personally!! :-)

I think I'll go and watch an episode of Unforgettable to take my mind of my beloved club. Thank you for your kind words. :-)

Maybe they saw it as a throwaway line with no ill intentions unlike BM posters who seem to have taken it very very badly.
Part of our anger is that he has a point about our lukewarm support.

But the problem is due to factors that could be addressed by his friends who run the club; make it easier to buy and transfer tickets; make it easier to get to and from the ground.

Going public is neither clever nor welcome nor helpful and annoys the fuck out of match going fans.

There was a moment in the Amazon Prime documentary when he told the players that in public he would always defend them but in the dressing room he would be brutally honest. He needs to apply the same approach to the club (by which I mean the fans who are the club) and keep his mouth shut on this subject.

I don't care how many trophies he wins us, he really doesn't appear to be on our side at times.

I've said it before, I'll say it until he proves me wrong...

He'll leave City at the end of 22/23, take a very brief 'sabbatical', before taking over the Netherlands national team for the 2024 Euros in preparation for an all-out assault on the 2026 World Cup.

It's a Cruyff thing. He has an obsessive personality. He probably dreams of emulating/surpassing his hero.
Or Brazil maybe

The attendance ended up being better than I expected last night to be honest. I’m shocked if it was only 38k because I’d have stabbed at mid 40’s going off what I saw.

The worst thing with our support for me is the leaving early. I understand it last night and in other midweek games because I’ve been there myself having to catch the last train etc. But it is frustrating as hell at weekend games seeing the ground emptying with ten minutes to go after the lads have played fantastically. It must be a bit demoralising for the players to see the ground near enough empty at the full time whistle.

Remember the scenes after that derby game in 2012? We need to try and recreate that atmosphere at times and especially in europe if and when we reach the latter stages.
45,000 last nights attendance

He's probably best fucking off tbh when fans go on huge rants just because of a comment which was nowhere near as bad as is being made out on here.
Sorry Tolm but that's just a huge overreaction.
It's telling that you mention fans having to defend themselves which at the end of the day is the crux of the problem isn't it.
Those nasty opposition fans taking the piss about the attendance is what upsets blues. It's that simple and the majority slagging him off are only arsed because their red mates are taking the piss.

Did you read the post?

38,000 fans for me is more than acceptable - seemingly not for Pep.

I don't care about the optics, I care about our manager and ownership being so stupidly detached.

Fans justifying their none attendance should not be required, but Pep's comments, without any prompting from the interviewer, have brought it into the public domain, because that's what HE wanted.

Not that it's anyone's business, but I've earned £40 this week, my income has always gone up and down, lost my business during Covid.

As someone who is rightly proud of being a City fan, I am simply sharing that because there are countless barriers to non-attendance across the board, yet Pep should somehow avoid the ire of people like me and thousands of others who feel smarted by an accusation of a lack of loyalty.

It was a crass attack on the supporter base as a whole, some pseudo reverse psycho ploy in his head, no doubt.

I'm going on Saturday in 93:20 because a family member is treating me to a ticket. My dad and son will be there because I've sorted them some comps.

This is an inner-City football club, with a demographic that Pep and his Catalan bubble are so far removed from.

I blame the club for that. They have focused so much on making everything 'just so' for him to achieve on the pitch, they have taken their eye off what truly made this club special off it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.