Do you eat the crusts?

I have 2 bags of breadcrumbs in the freezer - we eat more loaves of bread than we do meat/fish in breadcrumbs and so produce end crusts faster than we could consume them
There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough!

Out of interest where do you draw the line with fruit skins? Mangoes, bananas, oranges, pineapples?
I only eat the kiwi skins.
I ate them from the start just like an apple or a pear.
I spent a good while working abroad and used to see the locals eating them like that.
I wouldn't eat the skins if they go soft and then I would scoop out with a spoon.
Try eating one with the skin on and let me know what you think

I have seen ads I think from Warburtons and Philadelphia I think urging people to eat the "end pieces" or crusts on the end of the loaf - make a fancy panini sarnie out of it sort of thing. Question do you or have you ever eaten the end crusts? Must admit I don't - its literally for the birds as far as I am concerned ( I like to feed our feathered friends a bit of bread ) - might be because I only recall the crusts being eaten by my Dad at time when we were very skint when I was a young kid and we couldn't afford to throw them away.
What do you do with a French stick?

……..actually don’t answer that

I only eat the kiwi skins.
I ate them from the start just like an apple or a pear.
I spent a good while working abroad and used to see the locals eating them like that.
I wouldn't eat the skins if they go soft and then I would scoop out with a spoon.
Try eating one with the skin on and let me know what you think
hang on, kiwi skins are furry, that's like eating a rabbit without skinning it.....wrong on so many levels

I love to eat the crusts, does the wifes nut in when I open both ends of the bread to get at them both. Modern bread is too wet and soft for me I have found that I eat less bread but the bread I eat is of good quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.