Ambulance Response Times

mosssideblue

The thing I constantly strive to avoid happened to me yesterday.

A long story, but I ended up pushed to the garage floor with my electric wheelchair locked in fwd drive, trying to ride over my legs.

Took 15 mins before wife found me, but with my disability, there is no way I could get up off the floor.

Called 999 and asked for ambulance as they have the correct equipment and expertise to raise people stranded on the floor.

8 hrs, I was told it would be!

Thankfully, my Daughter was nearby and she with her daughter managed to get me to safety.

She later told me that she knew of an old lady who had fallen and broke her pelvis, only to lie there for 12 hrs before attendance arrived . Poor lady died in hospital.

It never used to be like this, what has changed?

A long story, but I ended up pushed to the garage floor with my electric wheelchair locked in fwd drive, trying to ride over my legs.

Took 15 mins before wife found me, but with my disability, there is no way I could get up off the floor.

Called 999 and asked for ambulance as they have the correct equipment and expertise to raise people stranded on the floor.

Thankfully, my Daughter was nearby and she with her daughter managed to get me to safety.

She later told me that she knew of an old lady who had fallen and broke her pelvis, only to lie there for 12 hrs before attendance arrived . Poor lady died in hospital.

Not sure what’s changed - I think others like @FantasyIreland IIRC would have more of a clue but I did just want to say I hope you’re alright mate. That sounds a shit and scary experience, obviously you can be crushing organs etc during that time - my aunt died that way a year or so back.

Not sure what’s changed - I think others like @FantasyIreland IIRC would have more of a clue but I did just want to say I hope you’re alright mate. That sounds a shit and scary experience, obviously you can be crushing organs etc during that time - my aunt died that way a year or so back.
Thanks bud. I'm ok, just some real bad bruising and scraped skin where the friction of the spinning drive wheels were against my leg. Hurting like hell from the hips down, but rest will see to that.

What scared me was if I hadn't had the shelter if my garage, and the thought of being trapped for 8 hours in what was a cold day.

8hrs ffs!. No idea, my mum waited an hour and a half for one in Feb and that was after being unconscious for over an hour following a stroke where time is of the essence. I'm sure the paramedics /ambulance drivers are all working their bollocks off so assume it's staff shortages?

8hrs ffs!. No idea, my mum waited an hour and a half for one in Feb and that was after being unconscious for over an hour following a stroke where time is of the essence. I'm sure the paramedics /ambulance drivers are all working their bollocks off so assume it's staff shortages?
It's A&E. The paramedics take people to hospital but they have to wait to hand them over for hours and hours as hospitals are fucked.

I contemplated calling the fire brigade, such was my desperation, not sure they would have come out though

Thanks bud. I'm ok, just some real bad bruising and scraped skin where the friction of the spinning drive wheels were against my leg. Hurting like hell from the hips down, but rest will see to that.

What scared me was if I hadn't had the shelter if my garage, and the thought of being trapped for 8 hours in what was a cold day.

Don’t bare thinking about fella. Glad you ok.

I contemplated calling the fire brigade, such was my desperation, not sure they would have come out though
I think they would have come out, plus they have the lifting capabilities.
Do you have an alarm round your neck ? I was just thinking if your missus was out shopping etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.