Sky TV Going Up To £107 a month for multiroom.****Update***** Page 6.

My experience with sky this week defies belief. My current box malfunctioned. Phoned sky.
Well sir, that box is twelve years old and is obsolete. We no longer repair them, you will have to get a new box. Ok, I said, just replace my box and give me exactly what I have now. Not so easy, they said and launched into an explanation. At this point, the sky guy started to read a script. Stop stop stop, I cried. Listen, I am very deaf (and using a special phone for deaf old buggers) and when you gabble which people always do when reading a script for the umpteenth time, I can't hear a word. Drop the script and just tell me what you can do to put me back where I was before. Fat chance, he continued to gabble the script. I told him three times but he ignored my plea. Next he proceeded to tell me all the benefits of buying Sky. Oh, please stop, but no, he was ordered to give me the whole sales spiel. Finally, we got to the point where I could metaphorically sign on the dotted line. My god, he proceeded to read out the entire contract word for word. When he got to the end ten minutes later, I resigned and said : just give me a new box and a printed contract. And so on and so on......the call lasted for 50 minutes! Additionally he had a very thick asian accent, which made it difficult, but we can't say that, can we?
New box arrives next week. That's when I will have to start renegotiating. Jeez.
Yes you can say that. Accents can be very hard to understand wherever the speaker comes from. Luckily you didn't get a scouser..

So we sit down for Tea last night.

I tell the wife Sorry love.......you are going to have to ween yourself of dysfunctional housewife's, and 1000 llb Sisters etc.

Her reply is far to graphic to repeat on this great site. ;-)

She Phones Sky up. Tells them straight, absolutely no way we are paying £107 for television in the current economic climate.

Sky replied, they have been inundated with customers looking to cancel because of electric/Gas prices.

They reduced the price to £70 a month for the next 18 months for our existing package. In my opinion that is still a bit too much, but much more bearable. I think that is a saving of £576 over 18 months.

So get on the phone Blues.

You dont have to give them your life story.

Just tell them straight Gas/Electric price rises mean you can no longer afford the price.

Don't be embarrassed, if you don't ask you don't get.

The woman at the other end of the Phone said we could have got an even better deal had we had their broadband. I have a rule against lumping everything in one package though. Many prefer it. I personally think it is harder to get out later on,plus lets be honest Virgin broadband is the best there is, super fast and reliable.

Good luck Blues.
Well done but I was told the best deals can only be done by their outbound call teams. So the ones that call you rather than the ones you ring. But if you're happy then job done.

As I said a couple of days ago, i thought I would pre-empt my contract ending and going up to to £83 in May. We presently pay £53 for the whole package minus movies. UHD, multi room, Sports etc. that will go up to £57 at the end of April in line with their CPI rises.

The offer was £61 p/m for what we get now for 18 months. This comprises:

£22 Signature package discounted from £33
£22 Sports dis £32
£7 HD dis £8
£2 UHD dis £4
£8 multi room dis £15

Total "discount" is £31 p/m

I haven't accepted it yet but probably will as i see it as £2 per day or a cup of coffee for a system and content that does most of what we want.

Just recieved a letter from Virgin
The ultimate Volt bundle is £85 a month (18 month contract)
That includes 230 channels, sky Sports HD, BT sport ultimate ,sky cinema HD plus 1130 mbps fibre and an O2 sim card unlimited data.

I pay £49 just for BT phone and broadband, I think 50mbps max.
plus about £25 - 30 for sky basic.
This is an absolute no brainer for me.

Digging deeper , the conteact is 18 month then increases to £136.
So it is a no brainer for 18 month then shop around after that.

Last edited:
Watched football through Hes goal now on there website says all English games will no longer be streaming them on there site.

Watched football through Hes goal now on there website says all English games will no longer be streaming them on there site.
Cheers for the heads up. This always happens after a while doesn’t it? Onwards we go. Plenty of other options around.

Well on the advice of this thread I rang Sky to find out what deal they could offer me as my 18 month contract is up now and the price has shot up, some find upstanding man from the South Asian region then started to quote me figures that were higher than I am already pay now! Cheeky f******. trying to take me for a complete mug - I am looking at BT , will cost me £92 for what Sky are off at £117 plus paying for BT sport on top. Anyone got their TV box and know if it’s any good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.