Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Great defensive performance by City, Stones an absolute rock. Attacking wise it just didn't happen, and Txiki and Ferran you can see we're screaming out for a forward this summer so make it bloody happen. Concerned that De Bruyne and Walker could now be missing for ages, huge blow if it comes to that

Reactions: dom
Kolarov was always first into the fray when one of our players was kicked or treated like Phil was tonight.
really? i dont remember that...always thought he was fake and never saw anything to make me believe he was a hardman.....even the way he tried to tackle was weak

Zabba, Vinne, Dejong on the other hand............................

Not read all 78+ pages, so might’ve already been said - but I just want to put on record my absolute fucking PRIDE in the boys tonight. Didn’t back down in the face of the absolute thuggery in front of them, backed each other to the hilt and defended like dogs.

We might play beautiful football but we’re not scared to get messy. Fucking delighted.

First of all, what an absolutely unbelievable performance from City. We defended superbly and Stones was majestic again - he is really becoming a talisman for us. Walker was immense and Ake too who seemed to just pull out clearance after clearance when he came on. Maybe he's starting to get 'bloodied' the City way? The whole team put in a shift and imagine having to do that a few days after playing Liverpool then flying out to Madrid. Full marks to Ederson for pulling out some great saves too, I think it's one of the best games he's had for us.

Honestly, I have no idea how we didn't explode at what they did.

This is why I hate the CL with a passion. The referees are utterly diabolical and the guy tonight clearly had no control over the game and no idea about what they were about. Why is someone who's plainly got nothing about him in charge of a game like that? He was a fucking clown and I'm being kind there. He should be banned from reffing at this level. He was unprepared for the game and allowed assault after assault, injury after injury. When was the last time you saw a game where one team had 2 players off injured, one headbutted and another probably concussed and later dragged off the pitch? I'd say about 1935.

As you'll know, I detest VAR. It is there to spoil the game. Tonight if we'd had scored a goal where Foden's tongue was 2 millimetres ahead of Felipe's arse hair they'd have spent 5 minutes going through it frame by frame trying to find an angle that can chalk it off. However, they conveniently miss the headbutt and Savic and the pulling of Grealish's hair should've been sent off, especially after dragging an injured player from the pitch.

Last year we were subjected to thuggery from PSG once they were out and they aimed MMA kicks at us. As soon as Foden got rabbit-punched and Felipe got away with it, it was just a matter of time before they MMA'd the rest of our players. If UEFA think that us boo-ing their shit anthem is worthy of a punishment, what does tonight deserve? The stuff in the tunnel was utterly disgraceful. Their behaviour on and off the pitch was an absolute disgrace. The CL should be renamed the ACL cup after the type of assaults your players will receive.

Honestly, if I was Pep I'd have sent Fernandinho on to break the legs of Savic. What an absolute disgrace of a player he is. How Pep can bite his tongue in the interview, I'll never know. Honestly, in the tunnel why do they hold players back? Savic would get his head caved in from Walker.

I'm glad we're through to the next round, but fuck every inch of this competition and the corrupt officials who run it. Give me the PL every single day of the week. I hope we win it this year and then tell them we'll not bother with it again. It's a cup for teams who can't win their leagues and finish 4th etc.

Fuck UEFA. COME ON CITY!!!

What a game, so proud of how we played, we showed on Sunday and tonight how we can mix it up from the sublime to to the steadfast. Think Walker will be out a while just hope this hasn’t taken too much out of the team. Just get over the line against a well rested liverpool team is all I ask now on Saturday.

Reactions: dom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.