It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I can’t imagine a more frustrating summer than us signing Matheus Nunes and Sergio Gomez as answers
Nunes would be underwhelming IMO, but Gomez looks like a great prospect. 6G and 15A this season, former La Masia kid and a very good crosser from the left which we’ll need when Haaland comes in

Still, it’s all same kind of profile… need more physicality and “steel” (borrowing from another poster this term)
Not many great LBs out there though. Theo just signed a new deal, Davies is unattainable, Gaya is too injury prone. Not too convinced on Lodi, my best shout would be Wijndal but it doesn’t seem like we’re interested

We are after a midfielder but the only one we have been linked to is Nunes really. Those links are not concrete either

Piss funny this place, sometimes

I’ve heard it all now, replace ederson bwhahahah
Assuming you were referring to my post, Ederson is the best goalkeeper in the world at shot prevention and in build up. All I was saying is that if we get the opportunity to sign Maignan we should take it because he is a very complete goalkeeper. He is a very good shot stopper and good in build up.

I can’t imagine a more frustrating summer than us signing Matheus Nunes and Sergio Gomez as answers
I agree that Sergio Gomez probably doesn’t have the physicality to adapt to the Premier League and will most likely end up in La Liga. Personally, I think Zinchenko needs to be replaced with a natural left back. Maybe not in the Summer but potentially in 2023 when his contract only has one year left. I think Hickey is the best option for a backup left back.

Dias, like Cancelo, is better on the left side. Maybe it's something in Portugal that makes a right footer more comfortable on the left side - I don't know! Stones is better at RCB than Dias. Stones and Dias is clearly our best partnership as shown by how solid we were advancing to last year's final.

Laporte comes back in and the defensive capitulations come back in. Losing Walker makes a difference of course. Fully fit and under pressure he has the ability to drive into space and get us up the other end of the pitch. But Laporte has been directly at fault for a number of goals we've conceded in our CL exits.

We should be looking to replace him with someone quick, even if they're not consistently amazing defensively. It would make so much difference dealing with the counter to have someone who can win a foot race.
I know we have been linked with Pau Torres. If Laporte leaves Torres could be a possible option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.