West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

His tactics have served us well for the past few years…

But, I’m guessing it’s top quality man management. The team that started and went 2-0 down were given the responsibility to get us back into it, which they did. Am assuming it’s about togetherness and not leaving anyone out to dry.

Anyway, one more win and the title is ours. A full week to prepare whereas Villa have to play on Thursday. Would’ve taken that at the start of the season.
I didnt know villa had to play on thurs , hopefully we can see it through then

At the end of the day, delighted with the point, the fight back.

But someone go explain this no substitutions thing. Chasing a win, beeding a goal, why the hell not bring some freah legs on and try something different. Most of the time, when we needed to win, and pep made no substitutions, we did not go on to win. Can't say for certain but it does feel like substitutions have won us more games than not when needed.

Antonio was an absolute disgrace today, constantly diving, throwing dissent at the officials and escaped a booking for it all. Not seen him like that before
Antonio was really good for West Ham today,' Yes he was going down easy he was trying to get his team a breather and up the pitch by getting fouls. He was an absolute handful today.

Said it before so I'll say it again
A must score pen
Watch what Benzema did
I can't understand for the life of me why we always have to beat the keeper - fucking fuming!
He never looked confident
A great player yes but he doesn't deliver in the big moments when it matters.

How can you do worse? You either score it or you don’t and Kev has missed as many pens as Mahrez.
And for those who say Haaland won’t increase our goal tally, you may be right but he can still make the crucial difference on days like these.

How can you do worse? You either score it or you don’t and Kev has missed as many pens as Mahrez.

He also missed in a 0-0 against Liverpool where he failed to hit the target and the title was still up in the air - just like Mahrez.
Well, now Mahrez has missed two big penalties. I suppose we may never no.

The way we played its a good result, we didn't really deserve the win based on how bad the defence was

We have a few tough decisions to make going forward

The following need to go
Fern - legend but finished, done.
Zinch
Mahrez - contract
Jesus
Sterling - contract

The following need to find form
Cancelo
Grealish - judge on 2nd year
Ederson - bit flakey, but some harsh treatment

I wouldn't be gutted to see Laporte leave but think he will stay

We need a left back, time to stop fucking about with square pegs and round holes

We need pace injecting into this side, I'm hoping haaland and alvarez add some but I'll love a quick winger to replace mahrez

Strange that mahrez has great season on stats but some anonymous performances, did pretty much nothing today, even the goal was a cross that was nowhere near any of our players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.