It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Do you reckon we go to 3-5-2? Pep experimented with that in 17/18 until a certain LB got an ACL injury. We looked dangerous with 2 strikers

Honestly, I think the core of the team's philosophy/tactics will remain 433 - but the signing of an orthodox left back/wing back and having genuine strikers on the books will absolutely give Pep more room to move things around in game or to come up with one off tactics for certain opponents.

One thing which has struck me - if you go back to Pep's time at Bayern he used tons more formations than he has done at City. I think part of that was just him keeping himself amused in a flat track league, but I also think the fact he had more versatile players and more intelligent players allowed him to do that.

Our squad is getting to that stage now where you can see him being able to move things around more.

That would be a crazy good fee with 1 year left. I guess that works out at around 45 million pounds. Literally would be paying for Haaland.
Yeh anything over 45 seem decent. But im a bit sad that City arent replacing him alone... i do understand if Sterling also goes, but i do think with the 5 sub rule that getting a replacement would be req for all 4 comps.

Honestly, I think the core of the team's philosophy/tactics will remain 433 - but the signing of an orthodox left back/wing back and having genuine strikers on the books will absolutely give Pep more room to move things around in game or to come up with one off tactics for certain opponents.

One thing which has struck me - if you go back to Pep's time at Bayern he used tons more formations than he has done at City. I think part of that was just him keeping himself amused in a flat track league, but I also think the fact he had more versatile players and more intelligent players allowed him to do that.

Our squad is getting to that stage now where you can see him being able to move things around more.
Just the signing of Cucurella ALONE unlocks a whole new world of formations and tactics for Pep, which should be another reason for him to be fired up for next season with one signing alone.

Gotta be honest I’m really not fussed Jesus is leaving.

From our perspective I dont think he scores enough goals to warrant a first team place in our team and imo he has stagnated over the last few seasons. Yes he has had a decent end to the season but his level is miles below haaland and I honestly believe alvarez can produce similar performances for us next season. The chance against villa where he slid in and hit it over the bar sums him up. He is honest, hard working and full of endeavour but is just not a natural goal scorer.

From his perspective it’s a perfect move. He will be first choice at a young improving side under a manager who he knows very well, london Is a nice place to live for a young wealthy family and he can enjoy being a big fish in a smaller pond.

Good luck to him

£50mil for Jesus with a year left on his contract is a great deal

I'm going to miss him, but he'll be a star at Arsenal but never really threaten us as they are MILESSS off us

He's going to do well, but he just isn't (imo) going to hit that absolute peak that a club like us who compete for all 4 competitions need

Haaland is

Hes a great squad player but £50mil for a squad player is good deal

Boooo.....if this materialises not looking forward to seeing Gabby harass Laporte & Dias next season. Appreciate him wanting to become top dog in another team, but would prefer for this to be abroad.

Mind you since his missus has just given birth, can understand the family not wanting to upstick to another country so soon in what is probably an already a chaotic period of their lives.
Another 4 year’s and he can apply for citizenship, So from his point of view it would make sense to try and stay in this country.

I reckon he sees systems much the same as the squad - that they have to be freshened up every so often. If we sign Phillips, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him alongside Rodri quite often, with full backs playing more forward, allowing the likes of Grealish to tuck inside more, and with our get-out-of-jail free card up front. 4-2-3-1. Like you say though, probably very flexible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.