26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the relationship he had with Vardy and think we can have something similar to that with Haaland.

Not his best season for assists but other players have to put chances in the net.

5 assists and 11 goals in PL. Assists only bettered by KDB (8), Jesus (8) and Cancelo (7). Mehrez scored more than Jesus and Cancelo but not more than KDB.

I suppose if you start rating players on assists you would have to argue Jesus is as good as KDB... there's one to ponder. Stats don't always tell the full story.

When I think back over previous seasons, Mahrez has often scored very important goals in difficult games. Big time player. Apart from two very sore penalty misses (one of which was vindicated yesterday).
Great post. The Vardy point is interesting. I would just add that his equalizing free kick vs West Ham was still vital in spite of the unfortunate penalty miss. He is champion of England today parading joyfully in Manchester with the whole squad. What a team!

He’s had a very good season all in all, although when his form does dip or he has a bad name, it’s pretty noticeable and seems a different player.

But then in reality, a player with that ability but Is brilliant every week would be talked about as one of the worlds elite, which he isn’t in fairness , so it’s expected that he’ll have moments of inconsistency.

Still, any team would snap your hands off for a player who plays on the right and gets you 24 in all competitions in the season, so he’s a big asset

Think he stays, and I'm happy with that

He is class, he is, but he's a bit too inconsistent for a player who has the ability to be top 3 in his position

31 now, unless someone is going to give us £40mil or more he's staying imo

Don't think wed let him go for free, so expect we'd try to extend his contract even if its just for another 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.