26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he stays, and I'm happy with that

He is class, he is, but he's a bit too inconsistent for a player who has the ability to be top 3 in his position

31 now, unless someone is going to give us £40mil or more he's staying imo

Don't think wed let him go for free, so expect we'd try to extend his contract even if its just for another 12 months
Yeah I expect we extend, and reckon he'd be glad to at his age to get an extesnion at 31, and perhaps he plays with us until he's 32/33 and then goes to another league. Hopefully in that time we mold another player (Palmer) to be able to take over as the main player over those 2 years.

Yeah I expect we extend, and reckon he'd be glad to at his age to get an extesnion at 31, and perhaps he plays with us until he's 32/33 and then goes to another league. Hopefully in that time we mold another player (Palmer) to be able to take over as the main player over those 2 years.
He looked too happy in the videos. He isn't going anywhere.

Riyad is going nowhere according to Pol Ballus. We need to extend the contract with him till 2024-2025 IMO. Crucial player for us, especially in the Champions League.

Mahrez and Cancelo in UCL Team of the Season:

Fantasy football team of the season, not the real one.

The real one is here -

Riyad is going nowhere according to Pol Ballus. We need to extend the contract with him till 2024-2025 IMO. Crucial player for us, especially in the Champions League.
Yeah, what are they waiting for?

Don’t understand the love in that some have for Mahrez and the call to extend his contract. Personally, he should be the first out of the three offensive forwards in their last year to go, then Raz and then Gabby.

His age profile (32 mid way through next season) limited versatility (he really can’t play anywhere other than the right hand side of a front three), his lack of pace and his lack of pressing without the ball all say he should be the one we’re looking to move on this off season. People will talk about the goals he scored, but we are going to have more goals in this team with the inclusion of Haaland and Alvarez. Further, I’m not that sure how many critical goals he has scored in a City shirt (not including penalties).

If he wants to stay (as claimed) and the club is unable to move him on (seems to be little interest from other clubs) then he plays out the final year of his contract, but there’s no way they should be extending it.

If all three were available for free (next year), I don’t see many clubs clamouring to sign Mahrez. But I see a shed load clamouring to sign Jesus and Raz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.