Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a big move this one. Comcast have been after Peter for a while. There was talk of him heading up the Sky team (with Tyler being pushed out), but Comcast views NBC as their football flagship, despite also owning Sky, hence going out and getting the best voice out there and putting him front and center.
Sounds you know a bit about all of this. Please tell me they are actively looking to move Tyler on/out or at the very least downgrade him from their biggest matches, just like bbc did with Motson.

Only partly true, profit from newsprint is dwarfed by the heil's on-line revenue. telegraph, express and the s*n barely break even, they exist to push the political aims of their billionaire owners, which at the moment is the continuing defamation of all things EU. By blaming the French they are just following a long-established strategy to blame the EU for any- and every- thing including the f'king disaster that is the U.K. which is 99% due to their own brexit plot. When the graun gets referred to as a left-wing rag then something has seriously gone bad....ffs
no chip on your shoulder then.

When l look at those in the media blaming the French for almost everything they can from the CL final, it makes me remember some years back when the entire media were carrying a big virtue signalling banner which proclaimed 'Je suis Charlie'. It didn't last very long as they are a load of insincere, hypocritical wankers. Even the football press jumped on the bandwagon for however long it lasted.

Last edited:
Support three teams myself.
City my first and only true love.
Fleetwood my home town in the Lancashire combination when I started watching them aged 8.
Burnley where I lived in my twenties ( 1970s and 1980s ) and have many friends.
Think it's OK to watch and cheer more than one team however while it can be a grand afternoon out at Highbury or the Turf and I'm delighted when they win with City its different. My mood is affected for several days by their results real elation or total despair with the others its just an entertainment. The only other thing that has this effect is Lancy cricket and even that is much less so. Know I will get some stick for this but I understand how you can have more than one team.
Ps also the Jambos in Scotland
You come across as a reasonable & decent person, therefore you will definitely get some some stick, so what, you are lucky to have such broad interests, some of us of a similar mindset would consider you as normal. City, City, Manchester, Cork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.