Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Maddock

MADDOCK-pod-2-copy.jpg

And the other fucker writes for the Irish times.

Almost as good as the 'league table if goals from outside the box counted as 2". LOL
I genuinely like Stevie Nicol as a pundit.

But if this was a boxing match, they'd be up 110-99 on points before getting KOd in the 12th. So it's completely moot.

Yesterday was talking in the bar with my mate who is a Bradford city, Newcastle and Liverpool fan. And has always the topic of football came up. He obviously started ranting on about the French authorities and the heavy handiness withe the dipper fans. So armed with all the information off here i told him what do u expect with fans jibbing in and fake tickets. Well he went ballistic where is all the proof of what your saying? It’s all over social media I replied. Bollox was his go to stance and it’s all lies. Gave up in the end but he’s been texting all morning for an apology. He’s a Yorkshire man imagine if it was a scouser.
Sounds like the start of a bad joke.

Even if those damned Frenchies were to blame what was the major disaster that occurred?

Some people with tickets didn't see the match
Some people got minor injuries from the police.
Some people got a whiff of gas which is unpleasant for children and old people. By its nature it swirls with the wind and can be carried on the wind for significant distance.
The French police wre caught out by the extra fans and wereThe match kicked off late.
TV timetables went awry but they would if there had been extra time.
Liverpool were unhappy after getting beaten.

I don't think there was much else but l think the last one has been the driving force in this debacle and all the rest isn't really a big deal.
Aye, it's getting tiresome now. War in Europe, a bumblefuck PM on the ropes, the Good Friday Agreement under threat from Unionist head-the-balls and this lot are getting more airtime than the poor fuckers in Mariupol.

What I cannot comprehend is why the Daily Mail is so pro Liverpool. All the writers this morning buying into its the frenchies fault even Martin Samuel who is the main reason I buy the rag. The paper hates everything about Liverpool the City being anti brexit, anti Tory and anti monarchy. And yet it has a love in with the football club ignoring the insult to the national anthem and the Royal family at the cup final. The Daily Express which is still more right wing is the same. I am at complete loss to understand this anyone have any explanation.
Others who have replied are not wrong about the fear of a sizeable demographic boycotting their paper but to answer your question from another angle, what you have pointed out is a perfect example of the principle of Bread and Circuses.
I can't remember which Roman Emperor first employed the idea of keeping the populace distracted but the Daily Mail and all the rest of them are keen practicioners of the principle.
They know that say, Red Scouse fans (there are probably other sizable demographics this applies to but theyvare the case in point) will click on positive articles about Liverpool and have their bias confirmed. Therefore they will trust the source. Maybe not implicitly but to some degree.
Now, if they just happen to click on/ come across say, a thinly-veiled anti-Islamic or some blatantly pro-[Any party] article from the same source while they're surfing the web, the chances of them putting some trust in that - even if they fundamentally disagree with it.
Nobody ever founded a newspaper without an agenda to propagate and that, is what the Murdochs etc are aiming at.
LFC's cult-like following is easy pickings for this sort of stuff.
And it works. Look at the success of Cambridge Analytica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.