It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If it all ends up happening...

Ins:
- Haaland
- Alvarez
- Phillips
- Ortega
- Cucurella
- Another CB (I'm not even sure who's realistically linked at this point - Kounde? Torres?)

Outs:
- Jesus
- Raz
- Fernandinho
- Zinchenko
- Ake
- Steffen

That's nearly 1/3 the squad! Hell of a refresh. On paper I do think it's an upgrade, but we are losing a lot of intangibles and seniority in the squad and it might take some time for the dust to settle.

That being said, if there's ever a time to shake things up, the season with a random world cup 2 months in fucking with everyone's momentum and cohesion is arguably the time to do it...
Also he who is not named in “outs “?

I'd go for Joao Felix, he's young and would be the perfect replacement for Raheem.
Alvarez can play wide as well, same with Bernardo. Adding numbers for the sake of doesn't make sense. We have Foden, Mahrez, Palmer, Grealish and 2 of those will play the majority of season taking responsibility. Palmer and Alvarez will play a big part after the world cup in my opinion.

That tweet about Barcelona waiting to the last week of the window for Silva quoting we want 100m!

The way how that debt ridden cheating club are going about there business selling tv rights planning to sell more and even thinking About selling 49% of there own merchandise sales! I wouldn’t put past them to bid 60/70m in the last week or two of the transfer window!

Our putting it to bed was Silva is priced at 100m why not say he ain’t for sale!?

I think City will work as they've done recently.. I expect a fast pacy winger that can go on the outside to come in maybe in the winter window or next summer. Its more like a slow organic process and not as often a direct replacement for the departed.. 1 for 1 so to speak.

This window hits differently though.

“If you can score 2 goals in 1 game then you can score 20 goals in 10 games”

This is your argument.
No look you can’t be that daft.

In statistics you have to have a meaningful dataset as your starting point. Once you cross that threshold it’s like for like. Look at any statistics from say Statsbomb which a lot of PL clubs use, they have a minimum start point. Let’s call that 10 games. If in 10 games the player scores 10 goals his average is 1.0 goals a game. Say you are then asked to estimate how many goals a player will score in 40 games all else being equal the answer is 40 (40 x 1) It’s not 30 or 50 it’s still 40 because you are looking at a player’s average Which is 1.0 x the number of games. Once you have crossed the minimum number of game it’s the goals per game you look at and it’s fine to compare on that basis.

Initially you were looking at comparing totals when the players had played a different number of games which is meaningless so more than one poster suggested you use averages or per 90 minutes. Moving onto average seems to have thrown you and I hope you understand better now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.