Memories of your first time watching City

Home to Palace in the late 80s I think

Lost 3-1 and got caught up in crowd violence walking home - I was about 15 and my dad looked after me and my grandad

Still was buzzing when we scored

Wednesday 6th September 1967. City v Newcastle was my first ever City game I was 9 years old. My older brother and his mate took me. Got the bus to Belle Vue then the 53 bus to Wilmslow Road.
I couldn't believe the atmosphere, the sounds and the sights. Went through the turnstiles and up those massive bank of stairs to the Kippax. I couldn't believe my eyes! The flood lights were so bright. The pitch was huge and so green it wasn't real. I got put up on the wall at the very back of the Kippax and hung on for dear life! I will never forget when we scored - the noise was unbelievable! Everyone surging forward then back again. It really was a life changing experience. I still remember it vividly to this day.

QPR in March 1979, 3-1 i think Gary Owen got a couple, lovely sunny day from what i remember.

Not sure if I’m unusual but I’ve absolutely no recollection at all of my first game. I’ll have gone with my dad and brother, but none of us know which game or anything about it.

I was 5 when I got my first season ticket in 1983, so it’ll be before then - but beyond that, nothing.

My first match was at Spurs in the 1960/61 season. My Uncle took me. I don't come from Manchester and at that time did not support any particular club. I just loved football. Spurs had won their first 11 games, I think, and City were given no chance. I watched the underdogs come away with a 1-1 draw and I fell in love with the team that was to become My team, for life. Trautmann was magnificent that day and Baker scored our goal. I will never forget it.

Not sure if I’m unusual but I’ve absolutely no recollection at all of my first game. I’ll have gone with my dad and brother, but none of us know which game or anything about it.

I was 5 when I got my first season ticket in 1983, so it’ll be before then - but beyond that, nothing.
It's not unusual.

It was a night game in 1964/65 season at home to Norwich and I couldn`t believe how bright the scene was.
Sounds daft now but I couldn`t believe how high those bloody floodlights were. Massive (;))
Ended up 0-0 but at least I got to see my 2 local town lads, Glyn Pardoe and my namesake Alan Oakes. Even better as a 13/14 year old to sit about 5 rows back from the goal in that wonderful surrounding called the Platt Lane End and actually seeing how near the players were to me, especially when watching the corners come over at our end.
Never forget that first game.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.