“City have no history”

City is all that is required.

Always hated Citizens as a nickname.

Blues is better if not a tad boring.
The problem with that though is that Chelsea are also well known as "The Blues".
As are most teams that play in blue.
I'm more than happy with Sky Blues as a nickname for Manchester City.
(Coventry City can fuck off though,as far as I'm concerned they are no marks anyway).

The problem with that though is that Chelsea are also well known as "The Blues".
(Coventry City can fuck off though,as far as I'm concerned they are no marks anyway).
Yes, it was sky blues when I was younger, a long time ago lol but still even in this neck of the woods, if you say City they all know it is Manchester City and that was even when we were crap lol

Other City's are just referred to as their first name

Leicester, Norwich, Coventry.

I guess when it comes to Bristol City they get the full name rather than City but that may be just me?

Yes, it was sky blues when I was younger, a long time ago lol but still even in this neck of the woods, if you say City they all know it is Manchester City and that was even when we were crap lol

I guess when it comes to Bristol City they get the full name rather than City but that may be just me?
Bristol Citys :)

Bristol City are a special case though, as they are Cockney rhyming slang for tittie.
As in. - hasn't she got a nice pair of Bristol's !!!

Manchester City were conceived in 2008 in the back of a rusty transit van, parents being unknown and having been found abandoned on the steps of Manchester cathedral by a kind woman known as Geoff locally.

That's about as near to the truth we are ever going to get from the media in this country.

I think I read somewhere (possibly in one of @Gary James books?) that Coventry play in sky blue because their then chairman was so taken by Manchester City's performance in the 1956 FA Cup Final.
Which ties up nicely with this whole (not having) history thread. There can't be too many English clubs who have inspired another English club to change their colours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.