Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Observations from yesterday.

1. We were beaten by Stoke
2. Cancelo and KDB decided to have their worst games of the season
3. Is the clear and obvious error now not a thing for VAR. Plenty of challenges were let go by Taylor yet suddenly a minor pull was deemed a foul despite Taylor seeing it and gesticulating for Fabinho to get up. Who is actually reffing the games?
4. Klopp is an utter twat although we all knew that
5. How can the feral twats yet again get away with attacking our staff. Needs to be a sterile area around the dug outs at Klanfield
6. How is singing murderers considered vile yet calling Foden's mum a fat slag is ok
7. We will win the league, yesterday was just a blip, one away defeat in over 20 games is no reason to panic

Observations from yesterday.

1. We were beaten by Stoke
2. Cancelo and KDB decided to have their worst games of the season
3. Is the clear and obvious error now not a thing for VAR. Plenty of challenges were let go by Taylor yet suddenly a minor pull was deemed a foul despite Taylor seeing it and gesticulating for Fabinho to get up. Who is actually reffing the games?
4. Klopp is an utter twat although we all knew that
5. How can the feral twats yet again get away with attacking our staff. Needs to be a sterile area around the dug outs at Klanfield
6. How is singing murderers considered vile yet calling Foden's mum a fat slag is ok
7. We will win the league, yesterday was just a blip, one away defeat in over 20 games is no reason to panic
8. Thiago deserved a red for the tackle on Rodri.
9. We need a Dinho or NDJ type midfielder to take Thiago's legs home as Souvenirs.

They are becoming some kind of Kryptonite to us and that's not where we want to be. If we meet them at the UCL, do you think we would knock them out or would it be the other way around? That's the psychological egde they have over us. However a team like Real Madrid know that now matter how bad they are, the dippers are always going to be their blowup fuckdolls in the UCL.

They don't have a psychological edge. They outplayed us in the first half in the FA Cup, but we played without Ederson, Dias, Laporte, Walker, Rodri, KDB...In the other games, we created more than them, but suffered from poor finishing and were a bit *unlucky* with refereeing decisions.

Nobody knows what's going to happen if we meet them in the CL. Maybe Haaland will score a hattrick? He missed about 5 big chances in the last 2 games vs Liverpool, he's likely to score in the next games.

They don't have a psychological edge. They outplayed us in the first half in the FA Cup, but we played without Ederson, Dias, Laporte, Walker, Rodri, KDB...In the other games, we created more than them, but suffered from poor finishing and were a bit *unlucky* with refereeing decisions.

Nobody knows what's going to happen if we meet them in the CL. Maybe Haaland will score a hattrick? He missed about 5 big chances in the last 2 games vs Liverpool, he's likely to score in the next games.
I think we all have an idea of what could most likely happen if we meet them in the UCL.

It doesn't really matter whether we win at Anfield as long as we win the title. It's not possible everything to go for you: to have such a wonderful squad with the likes of KDB, Haaland, Foden, Bernardo..., Pep, 4 from 5 titles, etc. The pain we inflicted on Liverpool fans by winning a close title race twice won't be softened by our poor record at Anfield.

Think our fans get caught up in unrealistic expectations before big games. Read the pre-match threads vs Chelsea in Porto, Real in Madrid or Liverpool yesterday. A lot of completely disrespectful, pointless, big-headed comments. One predicted 5 City goals at Anfield, another wanted 10, yet another was asking when the media will start talking about us going unbeaten...

Calm down, give every team some respect, don't get too giddy, etc. etc. Difficult, I know, but as soon as I encounter such posts I know we are going to struggle. I kept telling myself yesterday we are too good this time around not to get a result and expected a narrow win. Was wrong. Arrogance gets punished again and again, even if people think there's no connection between the fan base and the results of the team. Look at United or at Liverpool. From being on the brink of winning everything last season, Liverpool went to losing the big trophies and having a terrible start to this season.

Hope we win something big with Haaland. Big names and individual records don't guarantee big trophies. It's not a given we are going to win because we have Haaland. He has the right mentality and I believe he will help us win, at least the CL.

Agree with everything in your post, but the highlighted part is pretty odd, frankly. Do you really think that there's any player out — or Pep — who is arrogant before going into a match with the dippers? If anything, we give them a bit too much respect. A case in point: Phil and the way he was playing for the whole of the first half. Don't know whether it was his decision or Pep's. Doesn't really matter. It was thoroughly negative. Did he take Milner on even once? This is Phil Foden, the brightest young prospect in English football, arguably, against a has-been.
The game turned on a sixpence. There's the truth. It happens. If Liverpool end up higher than us in the table I'll do a naked streak from the South Stand to the Family Stand in the final match of the season. And nobody wants to see that, believe me…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.