Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I am putting this loss (our first of the season no less) firmly at the feet of Pep.

Say what you want about Joao’s mistake—and there is quite a lot to be said—but it should have never been 0-0 by that point in the first place.

The system was wrong, the tactics were wrong, and the sub (1 of 5) were wrong. Our lads generally didn’t play that well, to be sure, but I think a large part of that was down to the formation and tactics: Kev was wasted on the RW, Ilkay was unnecessary, if not actually a hinderance with his instructions, Phil seemingly being told to retain possession at all costs rather than test Milner.

Pep is a genius, and I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager in the world, but he got this one wrong.

Fuck the fuck off. I’m fuming. We showed up with no balls. As usual at Anfield. Liverpool is in their worst form in years and we’ve been crusching teams all season. This is fucking shocking from everyone, Pep included, who didn’t make any subs until minute 88. If I were Alvarez I would leave the club. Why the fuck did we buy such a top player and let him warm the bench? FUCK OFF.

We showed them too much respect today and we weren't helped by the likes of De Bruyne seemingly playing a different role.

No player stood out as being particularly bad although Cancelo's mistakes were obviously extremely costly.

I just don't think the decision to play an extra midfielder at the expense of an attacker payed off. It felt like we were holding back far too much as a collective because we feared what they might do to us and just because it was Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.