Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Samuel is the only reporter who writes like this about us?? It's pretty weird how hes the complete opposite to everyone else??

Because he doesn't think they are spending unlimited money.

If the Panamanian sovereign wealth fund and the Norweigian sovereign wealth fund bought Burnley and Fulham respectively and invested a few billion, knocking Liverpool down the table, do you think Klopp would be OK with it?

No, of course he wouldn't. Because he doesn't have anything against people from the Middle East, he has a problem with what he thinks is overinvestment from owners with essentially limitless wealth.

How do we know that's his problem? Because he literaly spent 20 fucking minutes explaining his problem on Friday in the press conference apparently none of you accusing him of xenophobia bothered to watch.

Like I said very clearly in my original comment, lots of criticism of City over the years has had an anti-arab or islamaphobic bent to it, but this categorically didn't and it's completely dishonest to pretend otherwise.

I know tensions are high after yesterday but I can't believe people are seriously arguing that Klopp is prejudiced against Arabs/the Middle East.
I don’t think that reaction is “dishonest”. It is perfectly arguable that, since Klopp only mentioned Arab owned clubs, there is a possibility that racial prejudice plays a part in his thinking. After all he works for a club whose directors call our CEO “The Terrorist.”

I think it's time to batten down the hatches. For Peps press conferences to be short on detail and fun.
Give the media nothing, same with players.

We don't know Klopp's personal feelings about people of Arabic origin but is well known there is a lot of bad blood between JW Henry and the people he refers privately to as "The Sheikhs." It is also known that Henry is close to Rick Parry (formerly of the UEFA investigations chamber during its witchunt against City). Parry is a man who is certainly "clear and organised" in the way he works and is not flavour of the month with the City hierarchy.
So perhaps Klopp was trying to curry favour with his boss by singling out the three clubs with Middle Eastern owners to be the subject of his childish rant. Whatever his motives it is not a good look for any senior club Leader to be seen to be so bitter and angry. I wonder what he says in private about our owner.
It may be worse than currying favour: try “relaying a message at the orders of the boardroom.”

I would love to see what would be written by these fuckers if one of the media darlings got bought by someone from the middle east??
It’s only a matter of time. Glazers in serious financial trouble?

I don’t think that reaction is “dishonest”. It is perfectly arguable that, since Klopp only mentioned Arab owned clubs, there is a possibility that racial prejudice plays a part in his thinking. After all he works for a club whose directors call our CEO “The Terrorist.”
A German adored by Americans. The stars really aligned on that one. Great combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.