Ref Watch

There was another when Correa was sent off in the 92nd minute of the second leg of Bayern v Sevilla in April 2018 in the CL. There is some debate whether that was an advantage played or the incident was missed by the referee. But as the foul was clear and on the player with the ball, the referee cannot have missed it. I can't find a clip of the full incident.

There will be other examples in video archives and plenty more not recorded by TV cameras.

It's true, these situations are rare. But I speak as a former referee in saying that every referee knows to play an advantage if possible, even when a sending off is necessary. And I also believe most referees even down in junior football, will deal with officials when the ball is out of play.

To argue that Taylor was correct in this situation is wrong, especially when the LOTG explicitly provides for advantage to be played when a red card is appropriate, and when there is clear precedence presented to you. I challenge you to show me one other incident when a referee stopped play to deal with a team official when an advantage should or could have been played.
The other thing we haven’t discussed is that none of these happened in the Premier League.

There’s already been debate about how CL games are refereed differently in Europe than in the Premier League.

I’m not that clued up on Scottish football. I don’t think many people have watched it since the turn of the century after it turned into a nicher sport than Kabaddi.

The other thing we haven’t discussed is that none of these happened in the Premier League.

There’s already been debate about how CL games are refereed differently in Europe than in the Premier League.

I’m not that clued up on Scottish football. I don’t think many people have watched it since the turn of the century after it turned into a nicher sport than Kabaddi.
The LOTG are the same in all leagues and countries throughout the world. There is no scope for alternative interpretations to the laws. IFAB and individual associations can advise on application of the laws.

This is a debate on Taylor's decision to stop the game in order to sanction a club official. The LOTG allow for the game to continue even when there has been violent conduct or serious foul play on the pitch, so there is a clear emphasis on not interrupting games to administer red cards. Limited video evidence supports this.

So if referees are instructed by the LOTG to play advantage before administering a red card for on-field physical offences, it would be inconsistent of them to advise that a play should stop in order to administer a red card to a team official for a mere verbal offence.

The logical conclusion supported by all available evidence is that Taylor made a mistake. It's probably in everybody's best interests that we stop debating the matter now, unless of course you are able to find other examples that support Taylor's decision.

Can you provide examples where the referee stopped play during a clear advantaged attack to send off a manager (especially the manager of the defending team)?

One isn’t a manager, but the two Newcastle players fighting with themselves. The game definitely stopped then.
Haha. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I think you are being contrary for the sake of it now.

You seriously think two players actually having a fight on the pitch during play is comparable to Klopp giving verbal abuse from his technical area?

The LOTG are the same in all leagues and countries throughout the world. There is no scope for alternative interpretations to the laws. IFAB and individual associations can advise on application of the laws.

This is a debate on Taylor's decision to stop the game in order to sanction a club official. The LOTG allow for the game to continue even when there has been violent conduct or serious foul play on the pitch, so there is a clear emphasis on not interrupting games to administer red cards. Limited video evidence supports this.

So if referees are instructed by the LOTG to play advantage before administering a red card for on-field physical offences, it would be inconsistent of them to advise that a play should stop in order to administer a red card to a team official for a mere verbal offence.

The logical conclusion supported by all available evidence is that Taylor made a mistake. It's probably in everybody's best interests that we stop debating the matter now, unless of course you are able to find other examples that support Taylor's decision.
And so we return to the place in the debate where we can see theLITG are the same everywhere, yet they have always been applied differently.

There isn’t one premier league example you can find, having scoured the depths of the internet to find a 7 year old Scottish league video.

Haha. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I think you are being contrary for the sake of it now.

You seriously think two players actually having a fight on the pitch during play is comparable to Klopp giving verbal abuse from his technical area?
Yes, they are both off the ball violent conduct red cards. One physical, one verbal.

And so we return to the place in the debate where we can see theLITG are the same everywhere, yet they have always been applied differently.

There isn’t one premier league example you can find, having scoured the depths of the internet to find a 7 year old Scottish league video.
This is at least one more example than you have provided of a referee stopping a game to administer a red card to a team official.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.