The "which famous person died today" thread

The trouble with getting old is all those you grew up watching start to die off, just another reminder of our mortality

Is it just me, or are there always more celebrity and high profile deaths during December, Christmas and the New Year, than other parts of the year?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are there always more celebrity and high profile deaths during December, Christmas and the New Year, than an other part of the year?

Chilly weather and more respiratory illness - more of everyone old dies in winter I suppose, and of course the famous ones will make the news.

Reactions: jrb
Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI has died at the age of 95, the Vatican announced this morning, almost a decade after he became the first pontiff to resign in six centuries.

"With sorrow I inform you that the Pope Emeritus, Benedict XVI, passed away today at 9:34 in the Mater Ecclesiae Monastery in the Vatican," Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said in a statement.

The German pope emeritus, whose birth name was Joseph Ratzinger, had been living a quiet life in a former convent inside the Vatican grounds since his shock decision to step down in February 2013.
When he decided he no longer wanted the job of being The Pope,who did he give his notice in to ??
I only ask because he was God's representative on Earth, and as such only answers to The Supreme Being.

When he decided he no longer wanted the job of being The Pope,who did he give his notice in to ??
I only ask because he was God's representative on Earth, and as such only answers to The Supreme Being.
It might be something along the he lines of nuns and priests when they get old.
They are still priests/ nuns but do not carry out any daily duties.
I believe he was still classified as a Pope.

Is it just me, or are there always more celebrity and high profile deaths during December, Christmas and the New Year, than other parts of the year?

I was thinking the same , and there are always three at least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.