United (A) | Post Match Thread

Firstly, you're wrong AGAIN on us not having passing outlets via the middle being the issue. That's ALWAYS been our game since Guardiola's been here; control the defence, the middle and be creative in the final third. Bernardo in the final third is his most effective position as we have seen in past years, because he commits the opponent and drifts beyond the defence.

Who's he committing in his own half? You seem not to see he was ineffectual today until he got up the pitch as a secondary role. It should have been his primary and dropping in to help. He shouldn't be behind Rodri but ahead of him.

Secondly, just because I put De Bruyne on the left in formation doesn't mean he's stuck there, he'd drift. But the difference is having a midfielder to make use of the spaces and seeing the pass if he's not able to effect as he does, i.e., Gundogan. That's not the same with Rodri and Bernardo in tandem.

Finally, thirdly, you seem to forget the Jesus factor when he played in the position I suggested for Alvarez, with the pressing from the front as well as support for the striker and the attacking mid. And despite Cancelo only playing well in the second half, he, Foden nor Mahrez should have started for me.

I don't know what game you're watching, but your setup was dismantled/ nullified today and that's without the ref's involvement.
You seem to ignore the consequences of having a slow midfield against a deadly counter-attack. I repeat, it’s suicide. Bernardo on attack can be very ineffective many times because he doesn’t have that burst of pace that keeps defenders on their toes. Yes they know he’s got trickery in spades but they know that they just need to keep an eye on him without committing. They know that they need to show him to the right because he doesn’t have pace to go outside and whip a cross. At least we know that Bernardo has played out wide a number of times this season. He’s not been special there for the most part with Bluemooners always suggesting to Pep that the middle is his forte. There’s no two ways about it. You are raving about Gundo but this season too he’s not done anything special.

Foden is our main attacking threat apart from KDB and Haaland but unfortunately he’s been off color for sometime. Painful that none of the other attackers are consistent enough to stake a claim on the role. Alvarez does okay from time to time but Jesus is a totally different player. If it worked for Jesus on the right, that’s not sufficient data to conclude that Alvarez on the left would work - versus manyoo.

You can fault any of the players today but the ones you are suggesting have not really pulled up trees this season whether it’s Gundo or Bernardo wide right or Alvarez wide left or even Grealish. If we set up the way you suggested we’d probably be down by 2 at half time because the players would be all over the place in unfamiliar roles.

Christ!

The decisions for the offside and the penalty shouts were a joke BUT the more I think we had one shot on target against a back four of bissaka malacia, Varane and Shaw at CB the more evident it is we aren’t very good anymore. That’s with Haaland ffs.
We just do not have the likes of Aguero, D Silva and Komps anymore.

You seem to ignore the consequences of having a slow midfield against a deadly counter-attack. I repeat, it’s suicide. Bernardo on attack can be very ineffective many times because he doesn’t have that burst of pace that keeps defenders on their toes. Yes they know he’s got trickery in spades but they know that they just need to keep an eye on him without committing. They know that they need to show him to the right because he doesn’t have pace to go outside and whip a cross. At least we know that Bernardo has played out wide a number of times this season. He’s not been special there for the most part with Bluemooners always suggesting to Pep that the middle is his forte. There’s no two ways about it. You are raving about Gundo but this season too he’s not done anything special.

Foden is our main attacking threat apart from KDB and Haaland but unfortunately he’s been off color for sometime. Painful that none of the other attackers are consistent enough to stake a claim on the role. Alvarez does okay from time to time but Jesus is a totally different player. If it worked for Jesus on the right, that’s not sufficient data to conclude that Alvarez on the left would work - versus manyoo.

You can fault any of the players today but the ones you are suggesting have not really pulled up trees this season whether it’s Gundo or Bernardo wide right or Alvarez wide left or even Grealish. If we set up the way you suggested we’d probably be down by 2 at half time because the players would be all over the place in unfamiliar roles.

Christ!
Bernardo can turn on a sixpence, but by Jesus he's brushed off the ball too easily at times.

The most concerning thing for me is, we've played 3 hours worth of football in the past 4 days and we've mustered 1 shot on target. This means we cannot blame Haaland, we have to start looking at the bigger picture which is the build up and our ability to break the lines.

Fortunately, I'm able to look beyond today's result and accept we've won shit loads recently and if we dont win the Pl this year it isnt the end of the world. For me personally it's all about the CL. Onwards and upwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.