United (A) | Post Match Thread

We dominated possession not them, if 70% possession leads to one attempt on target what's the point.
On the day, it does seem pointless, however, I think it still shows that we can control games and don't panic when we're not near our best. If Southampton in midweek was our standard performance then I'd be worried, but it's not. It suggests to me that tweaks are needed in tactics and personnel, but that we're not as far 'off it' as people think. The obvious comparison in the last five years has been City with Liverpool, but we're nowhere near as dysfunctional as they are currently.

Back to today. Stirling is certainly not pulling up trees for Chelsea. Sane the same at Bayern. These players have had their days at City. The club needs to seek out quality players who can cause mayhem to defences across Europe.
Perhaps we need to go after the A list players like Mr Mbape. We have signed bargain players to fill the squad. 3 A lister players is what we need now.

Bargain players can be excellent if they're any good. Our problem has been buying players who aren't any good - Gomez, Phillips etc.

We dominated possession not them, if 70% possession leads to one attempt on target what's the point.
Iniesta, listen,

They weren’t in the game. They had no viable attempts until their offside goal. I watched it more comfortably than ever! They are shite! And I mean poor!

They needed a life line, they got it.

No surprises there.

You could almost put money on it before hand it’s that regular,

I hate it when city lose of course. But watching them lose to decisions out of their control makes me laugh.

It’s the only way some people know how to win. To cheat and claim that they are winners. It’s a losers mentality and always will be.

Allowing the 'offside' goal to stand today has set a precedent. A tactical game changer; in that an offside player can continue to follow the through ball, shepherd it without touching it, a team mate then follows up to stroke the ball into the net or even pass to another team mate to maintain possession, supposedly legitimately.
The offside rule has now had a big red bus driven through and over it.

don’t necessarily agree it’s set a precedent because i can’t see this being allowed for any team that doesn’t play in red. any other team this would’ve been ruled out and will continue to be ruled out.

You are not even making sense now…. Who is giddy?!!! We disagree, it happens, deal with it, doesn’t make you a better fan than me or the other way round. It’s a forum, people express their opinion. Not sure what your obsession is with me but it’s becoming rather sad. Have a good evening and I hope, more than you believe , that you bring up all my “bookmarked” posts at the end of the season if we end up winning the league.
Parklife......

Are you really claiming that Yaya fucking Toure always played in teams that were exciting to watch? Mancini's second season? Pellegrini's last?
Rather see Toure than Phillips for sure, a lot more exciting that we are seeing right now. We are not exciting to watch anymore. Needs a squad overhaul and quality signings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.