United (A) | Post Match Thread

Rather see Toure than Phillips for sure, a lot more exciting that we are seeing right now. We are not exciting to watch anymore. Needs a squad overhaul and quality signings.
It's not like for like though is it? You're comparing our current version of Javi García to a club legend from their best seasons.

Bargain players can be excellent if they're any good. Our problem has been buying players who aren't any good - Gomez, Phillips etc.
I probably didn’t explain my point adequatley.
I was trying to say we have done the bargain basement players, but now we need to feast off the top table of the worlds brightest talents. Players like Mbappe, players who will open up low block defences with pace and creativity.
Mbappe will cost too much, but there are players out there that will fit the bill.

Obviously rashford was in an offside position....the debate is about was he interfering with play.

Before the ball was played up to him by casemiro he made a run, hence rashford interfered with play because our defenders and goalkeeper alter their positions according to his run.

Akanji held his track back to play rashford offside, hence rashford interfered with play.

casemiro played a pass clearly for rashford, not fernandes, hence rashford interfered with play.

Akanji would have cleared the ball if rashford wasn't there shielding the ball by river dancing over the ball for 20 yards, hence rashford interfered with play.

rashford runs 20 yards with the ball at his feet, and because he doesn't touch the ball they say he didn't interfer with play? But if the ball is within touching distance then rashford interfered with play.

If it was just fernandes running for the ball, then Arkanji and Walker would have got there first to clear it, but there were fernandes and rashford running for the ball which changes decision making, speed, positioning, etc by both Arkanji and Walker and Ederson, hence rashford interfered with play.

With two forwards potentially shooting, which one does Ederson position himself for, hence rashford interfered with play.

Conclusion is clearly rashford interfered with play. But officials decide he wasn't interfering with play. This isn't a genuine mistake which is forgivable.....this was cheating. If VAR made the decision to award the goal then it isn't a mistake....it was cheating. If VAR wasn't involved then again this is cheating because they should have been involved.

I've watched City and football for 60 years, and played for 25 years, and I've seen plenty of genuine mistakes. This wasn't a genuine mistake.
Correct, offside all day long. The verbal gymnastics over the next few days from some quarters giving that goal legitimacy will be very interesting and frustrating at the same time.

Can someone jog my memory:

The linesmen only put his flag up for United’s equaliser after the ball was in the back of net, correct?

But there were numerous occasions that Phil was marginally flagged offside immediately, stopping play, correct?

Yes

I’m pretty sure Phil was actually onside for one of them too. He looked level to me.

The thing about Rashford not interfering with play, simply because he didn’t touch the ball is completely baffling, because his presence clearly interfered with play.

If that’s the rule now, then you might as well just stick somebody on the opponents goalie for the full game, as long as you don’t touch it. But that’s obviously not going to be allowed, neither should the goal today.

Bent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.