PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

sorry, trying to find out what the actual charges are without the usual hyperbole.

We have been paying off managers off the books?
And inflating our investments to cook the books?

Are they the main charges? If so that’s quite serious
I don't believe for one minute that we paid off Mancini's severance fee and didn't include it in the accounts - that would be arguably more amateurish and stupid than anything Swales ever did. I thought the Mancini stuff was to do with whether he'd taken up another post and was being paid for that as well as for managing City?

As for inflation of investments - hasn't this already been dealt with by UEFA/CAS and ultimately no evidence of wrongdoing was found?

This is what leads me to believe we must have got wind of what was coming, even though SSN are reporting we were caught completely unaware of today's developments...
Maybe they knew it was likely to come at some point but no idea when.

Actually this isn't as crazy as it sounds. I think there would be a case to bring against the premier league too if we're found not guilty, for putting us through endless stress and trauma. Not forgetting defamation of character as were paid up members of the accused.
The gloves are very much off now, war has been declared.

It's an interesting question.

If Sheikh Mansour felt like topping up Mancini's or Yaya's salary by £5m per year, how does the PL have the ability to find out or prove it?

They could have emails from the leak discussing it, but they can't have any financial records which makes proving it impossible.
That's why I think this is a bit of a last desperate attempt from the PL to get the Americans and the Government off their backs. Just throw everything out there and see what happens.
I suspect a lot of these issues will be around how payments and costs are calculated as part of the CFG setup.
When the first FFP issue arose, I believe some of the issues were about how they couldn't work out how to apportion costs. We set up our scouting department as a separate entity as they were scouting not just for MCFC but also NYCFC and the women's team and then City paid them for their services. UEFA were OK with that at the time but then changed their mind as technically the women's team and NYCFC didn't exist at that point so we had to pay all their costs.
We did the same with sponsorship and player likeness rights too, it's easier to get more money when you're selling the rights and sponsorships to various teams and players at the same time than as separate deals. Especially if you can negotiate a deal to get De Bruyne into a US advert with NYCFC's top player or similar.
I suspect a lot of these charges will be related to all this stuff. They won't like how we've paid people through separate affiliated agencies or how we've shared out the costs of these services and because we've been doing the same thing year after year after year it gives us the same issue in each season as it hasn't been raised until now. Which makes it look like it's a huge number of discretion when it's just the same thing each season, one accounting disagreement could create 3 or 4 separate charges each season too.
Looking at what area each charge seems to relate to I think this will all come down to tedious accounting details that we believed were OK but the league don't like as much. I'd be really, really surprised if it was about under the counter payments or easy to understand, exciting stuff like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.