Old Maine Road photos thread

Thanks, to you and everyone who's said positive things. Have an appt tomorrow where they're going to tell me what the biospy showed. Hopefully nothing.. So distracting myself before bed - found this of mine buried on this PC, i'd plastered the copyright on it years ago, somewhere i have the orig..

anyway, this was a year to the day after the last Maine Road derby, taken 9 nov 2003. That first season at eastlands (as was) we went to Maine Road first for tradition, every match. Some workman let us in for 5 min, and this is the result.

I had 80 on my shirt with it being 80 years at Maine Road obvioulsy - though i remember the staff at the store printing it didn't have a clue.. Anyway, 100 years this August, times flies doesn't it.

Night night.
Fingers crossed for you today

Great picture

Thanks, to you and everyone who's said positive things. Have an appt tomorrow where they're going to tell me what the biospy showed. Hopefully nothing.. So distracting myself before bed - found this of mine buried on this PC, i'd plastered the copyright on it years ago, somewhere i have the orig..

anyway, this was a year to the day after the last Maine Road derby, taken 9 nov 2003. That first season at eastlands (as was) we went to Maine Road first for tradition, every match. Some workman let us in for 5 min, and this is the result.

I had 80 on my shirt with it being 80 years at Maine Road obvioulsy - though i remember the staff at the store printing it didn't have a clue.. Anyway, 100 years this August, times flies doesn't it.

Night night.
Good luck today !!

But you could go in at those entrances and simply walk round to the Kippax Stand as it was one large terrace with open areas at the back just like the Kippax had !
Could you walk round from the Kippax to the Platt Lane Stand which was originally a standing terrace. I was at the back of that stand for my first derby game when we beat the rags 3-0 in 1960.

Could you walk round from the Kippax to the Platt Lane Stand which was originally a standing terrace. I was at the back of that stand for my first derby game when we beat the rags 3-0 in 1960.
before the fence was put in to separate us from the away fans probably (1970's old Kippax)

Otherwise it was a walk down dog shit alley and to the turnstiles. I never went in the Platt Lane back then.

Just remembered my grandad telling me you could originally walk round (change ends) at half time from the Scoreboard end to Platt Lane (or visa versa) but to be fair it was a long time ago as he was born in 1899 & went to hyde road first then went to Maine Road when we moved.

Found this on my comp - can't find the original photo so the screenshot from my old twitter will do!

As you can see - health and safety gone mad eh ;)

It was a Saturday so the demolition team weren't working, only the lone security man at the front gate. Who was quite happy to invite me and mum and another couple of people "in for a quick look round". He had a look of panic on his face when we all got back to the gate 20 minutes later as he realised he hadn't quite thought it through!!

I have another photo of me knelt where the centre spot was, with only the platt lane still standing behind me!

Attachments

• me_kippax_2004.jpg
    me_kippax_2004.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 200

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.