It’s a whitewash the panel are mainly Cons’ the TV news is backing him “Sky” and the BBC“ by pushing the theory its the advisers who didn’t advise him.
For me that is bollocks. If he hasn't the bandwidth to realise what he was doing was illegal without someone telling him, he should be nowhere near a responsible job.

The squirmiest language I’ve ever read.

“It is of course true that my statements to Parliament that the Rules and Guidance had been followed at all times did not turn out to be correct"

"There is not a single document that indicates that I received any warning or advice that any event broke or may have broken the Rules or Guidance."

“It is of course true that my statements to Parliament that the Rules and Guidance had been followed at all times did not turn out to be correct"

"There is not a single document that indicates that I received any warning or advice that any event broke or may have broken the Rules or Guidance."

Basically admitting to being too thick to know right from wrong.
He knew alright

Ha ha - the fucking piss-taking twat!

He knew alright

He was advised on the right language to use in order to backtrack at a later date. He's made a joke of our political system by continually telling lies. Except they're not lies because they were only ever "to the best of his knowledge" or "as far as he had been made aware". He knew the party's were breaching the covid rules as it's a very simple thing to grasp. But he knew he could get away with it by using certain wording, and now he can make it clear that he wasn't informed at the time so when he said "to the best of his knowledge" he was telling the truth therefore didn't mislead parliament!

He was advised on the right language to use in order to backtrack at a later date. He's made a joke of our political system by continually telling lies. Except they're not lies because they were only ever "to the best of his knowledge" or "as far as he had been made aware". He knew the party's were breaching the covid rules as it's a very simple thing to grasp. But he knew he could get away with it by using certain wording, and now he can make it clear that he wasn't informed at the time so when he said "to the best of his knowledge" he was telling the truth therefore didn't mislead parliament!
If that is his stance, then he should be thrown out on total incompetence. You don't need to be advised when you are clearly in the wrong

He knew alright

Ignorance cannot be a reason to be absolved of responsibility when you hold the highest public position in the land. The Metropolitan Police didn't think so when they issued him with a fine.

It will be interesting to see whether the parlimentary committee let's him off and debases parliment any further in the eyes of the public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.