Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Agree on Laporte, if Ake is out for any length of time we are in trouble and I include the Arsenal game in that.

All about mentality in the Champions league and that's what makes Madrid so dangerous , even though they are not the team they once were.

Ake has had Saka in his pocket over two games. Laporte is slower and more susceptible to clumsiness at left-back.

Don't believe the hype, we are nowhere near previous levels.

Timing is everything and we may just have it on our side, but ignore the hype train.

We got a chasing last night, certainly first half and were let off the hook.

Dias and Bernie had to compensate for some very below-par showings from Ake, Gundo, Kev.

Still huge games to come in between and would have preferred Madrid at home for first leg, like Bayern, try and wipe them out.

No away goal means that whole playing home second is no advantage.
Bayern were six inches away from likely being absolutely destroyed at home to finish the tie.

A real game it was, a chasing it was not.

makes you wonder why dias was on the outer for a while early in the season...couldnt me pep could it..making him (and others as fresh as can be going into the business end??? maybe not,but interesting to know why

pnzJTq3.gif

The only thing that worries me about Madrid is that thug rudiger. Never forget what he did to Kev, and don't be surprised if he tries to take Haaland out.
I still get angry thinking about his American football block.

We simply do not go on to lose the final if that doesn’t happen (or if it was appropriately punished).

Agreed, they know how to get the job done and stay in games.

Their defence can certainly be got at, would be calmer knowing we would play Walker in a conventional four in Madrid.

We don't need to try and outnumber them in the middle at the Bernabeu, certainly when they have technicians such Modric, Valverde and Kroos.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the team that went there last year, prior to the late subs.

Laporte has let us down so many times at this level, Spurs, Lyon, Madrid, big moments.

Playing him at left-back would be my biggest concern.
Whats the alternative, Berni or Walker?
I wouldn't trust Gomez or Esbrand-Wilson for different reasons

Bayern were six inches away from likely being absolutely destroyed at home to finish the tie.

A real game it was, a chasing it was not.

We can flip it both ways. City were six inches away from Bayern reducing the deficit by two goals inside the first half hour.

It was a chasing because our flanks couldn't cope with their runners, hence why Pep says he changed it at the break to ensure Grealish and Bernie played closer to our back line.

Our midfield was wide open because Stones couldn't make up the extra man, having to run back all the time.

It was a chasing in terms of what City are usually exposed to.

Bayern are certainly a top team but I am under no illusions, we were not allowed to play well for long periods and a superior attack such as Real's will only cause us bigger issues if we go again with the same formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.