Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

6 of us (all in the cup scheme) are booking our flights right now. We fly to Dalaman on Friday, then internal flights to SAW. Reverse coming back on Sunday, landing early hour’s Monday. We are flying from B’ham because my brother lives down there and it’s cheaper. Price is coming in at £410 - I’ll update when actually booked. We have a hotel on Taksim Square for the 2 nights which is £78 each.
We decided to book now to avoid the inevitable increase when the rush starts when we can get tickets. That’s the rub though we now have the wait before we can apply. I’ve got over 11,000 points and I’m the lowest apart from my 2 nephews who will hopefully get pulled through as they are in the 18-25 category. So it’s finger’s crossed.

The problem with the whole thing is UEFA giving the final to Istanbul, it should be on mainland Europe for all fans and teams to get to easily, they don’t give a fuck don’t blame City.
Bit pedantic, but the venue is in mainland Europe, by about 15 miles

I don’t have a problem with Istanbul, it’s one of the major air hubs, with regular flights absolutely everywhere. There’s two major airports there, with budget and flag carriers flying to both.

If it were in Barcelona we’d all be looking at flying to anywhere vaguely close or going via Tenerife or wherever. There’s no real difference here and flights would be a fortune (and much pricier when you get there) pretty much everywhere. UEFA aren’t going to hold a final based on where Ryanair fly to from the north west of England

Mate has an issue with a pre booked holiday
As a result, he’s flying directly from manc to Istanbul on the Friday
Sun am Istanbul to Frankfurt then onto Caligari in Canada to meet his wife who’s going independently now
Inc his hotel,

It’s less than city are charging for the “subsidised” trip !

Yeah, that’s right.

In terms of the code, once you’re eligible it won’t deactivate (not sure that’s the right word) until our allocation is sold out.
Probably get a load of abuse for asking but is this the case with 18-25? Or is that gunna be a set amount of tickets and first coke first served? Thanks

Internal flights also go from Dalaman and pretty sure Bodrum. Were going via Dalaman. I can speak some Turkish and just so people know havalimana is just the Turkish word for an airport so if you say airport as well its like saying Istanbul airport airport
Internal flight from Antalya are £40 each way

Bit pedantic, but the venue is in mainland Europe, by about 15 miles

I don’t have a problem with Istanbul, it’s one of the major air hubs, with regular flights absolutely everywhere. There’s two major airports there, with budget and flag carriers flying to both.

If it were in Barcelona we’d all be looking at flying to anywhere vaguely close or going via Tenerife or wherever. There’s no real difference here and flights would be a fortune (and much pricier when you get there) pretty much everywhere. UEFA aren’t going to hold a final based on where Ryanair fly to from the north west of England
I get it’s technically Europe but if you keep it in Central Europe you could even drive, also flying to other countries and getting a train to the destination is far easier, nearest to Istanbul is an overnight train from Sofia. The majority of finalists come from the other side of Europe, if they cared one jot about fans it would be over there. But we all know they don’t.

Sort of incredible to think this trip will cost twice what it cost to go the first one during covid
Did the first one for the cost of the ticket thanks to Sheikh Mansour, got the cheap tickets so cost me about £300 for both of us including taxi to and from Manchester airport and spending money.

Already spend £880 on this one got petrol money to Luton and back, match tickets, and spending money yet. Going to be looking at £2.5k as going for 6 days and probably go for the £156 tickets. So actually looking at getting on 10x the cost of Porto. We are lucky we can afford it at this time in our life - 15 years ago we would have had no chance and would be feeling gutted right now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.