PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm an absolute no nowt, but the main news here, as I've always seen it, is someone went into our system and a German news magazine published the emails, adding their own context. Not Bayern's emails, not Juve's, not premiership red tops, ours. That's something which has never sat right with me. Bet there was a lot of deletion and updated security patches at other clubs after that

I'm an absolute no nowt, but the main news here, as I've always seen it, is someone went into our system and a German news magazine published the emails, adding their own context. Not Bayern's emails, not Juve's, not premiership red tops, ours. That's something which has never sat right with me. Bet there was a lot of deletion and updated security patches at other clubs after that
I was told the convicted extornionist who carried out the hack created a fake almost replica UEFA email, eg

jimmy.grimble@uefaa.com.

He then sent an email to our IT using identical formatting, icons and fonts etc as UEFA. The fake email demanded access to the clubs email servers as part of a mandatory UEFA audit. Someone fell for it, God knows what happened to them, and granted the hacker a password
The criminal is considered to be a self taught computer genius and once in the system he used malware to rip a few GB of data.

Although considered admissible by CAS, the ruling made it clear the emails did NOT in anyway reflect actual events and were completely immaterial, another aspect never mentioned in a MSM report.

I was told the convicted extornionist who carried out the hack created a fake almost replica UEFA email, eg

jimmy.grimble@uefaa.com.

He then sent an email to our IT using identical formatting, icons and fonts etc as UEFA. The fake email demanded access to the clubs email servers as part of a mandatory UEFA audit. Someone fell for it, God knows what happened to them, and granted the hacker a password
The criminal is considered to be a self taught computer genius and once in the system he used malware to rip a few GB of data.

Although considered admissible by CAS, the ruling made it clear the emails did NOT in anyway reflect actual events and were completely immaterial, another aspect never mentioned in a MSM report.

Who the hell told you that?

Unless co-operation is clearly defined in the PL rules then even that is on "load of ole bollox" territory.
Cooperation until 2018 was just the b rule good faith. Following the hack email publication they added all the w specifics regarding cooperation during investigation etc . Wouldn’t surprise me it the cunts a while pep or player interviews on match days to ensure some of them stick. They also appear to be applying those retrospectively back to 2009

Who the hell told you that?
A fellow trusted blue (not club staff), he said its public domain but not easy to find. Apparently Pinto also used the same method with UEFA staff and it worked to a lesser extent. From personal experience I've worked in a company where that method was used for simulated attacks and some staff fell for it.That's why you should always double check the sender before ever replying to an unsolicited email.

jimmy.grimble@uefaa.com.

My guess on what i read was that he created a phishing scheme good enough to fool 50-something directors of football clubs. Which doesnt sound *that* difficult if youre capable of spelling correctly, for instance (we've all had our 'bank' contact us in English that looks written by a 6 year old, right?). I'd expect any IT professional to have a fairly high email security awareness, but if above is true then apparently lots of them, at many different clubs, were caught out. Anyway, I'm really only speculating.

CAS view was that the hacked emails from der spiegel weren't strictly valid, and City wouldn't confirm or deny their veracity, but then effectively did confirm veracity of some of the documents by various testimonies in the hearing. Then, City produced 'real' versions of messages, perhaps to highlight the modifcation either Pinto or der spiegel had imparted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.