Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever folk think about attending, or not, it would be good to get that just-giving page as a fixed view at the top of this thread, may just get a few bob more toward a decent cause, even from those who are going anyway, any mods/techies here able to do that..?
Agree, not easy at present for those who wish to contribute to find the link to do so

I will not be going to Wembley for this match.

It‘s nothing to do with a boycott. I just don’t fancy another trip to London. Funds are down after two Wembley visits for Sheffield United and the ‘other’ United, not to mention an eye-wateringly costly visit to Istanbul. I have been to other Community Shield matches at Wembley in the past and even one at Maine Road.

I will watch it on TV. I will be surprised if half of the first choice team will even have been back from holiday long enough to be match fit. I am unsure if Jack will have sobered up sufficiently to play?

It‘s a glorified pre-season friendly. Why all the fuss?

We get this rubbish on here before semi-finals suggesting that they should be at Villa Park or Old Trafford. That may have been the case if the past when the FA had to hire Wembley for matches. Wembley was bought by the football authorities and upgraded. There is no way that the Community Shield is going to be played anywhere else unless there is the sort if clash that happened last year with the Women’s Euros.

I suspect that the City end will still be well populated with tourists taking up the slack.

We all know the FA are not fit for purpose at the moment......... however, considering we get enough shit getting "Emptihad" thrown at us, although obviously untrue, the Charity/Community/whatever shield at Wembley is a big game no matter what some people on here may think.
Imagine the additional shit if thousands of fans boycotted the match turning it into Emptihad South, what impression would that show to the club, other fanbases, the press etc.
Ps I live in Greece so won't be there anyway, but I'll be watching it in my usual bar and will be interested to see how this pans out, and how the Media shower spin it should it happen.

Got it!
Why don’t City put the match on a big screen at Ethihad so the fans can go there?! Now that would send out the message loud and clear…..

Got it!
Why don’t City put the match on a big screen at Ethihad so the fans can go there?! Now that would send out the message loud and clear…..
Because it's not a club sanctioned boycott, really doubt the club want to get involved with things like this.

Reactions: CC1
Completely agree with all that sentiment but just curious to know how you arrived at 77 games? I’ve got it to a maximum possible of 69 including the Community Shield.
Premier League 38
Champions League 13
FA Cup 8
Carabao Cup 6
World Club Cup 2
Super Cup 1
Community Shield 1
I’ve included possible replays in FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds if same rules are in place as last season.
PL Play off is a remote possibility.

What do people really think is going to happen from a half baked boycott?
Unless the club get onboard with this (which 100% they won’t ) it just seems a bit pointless to me
-Are the FA/ Premier league going to be remotely bothered there may be a few thousand seats empty, not at all ( the whole football World expects us to have Empty seats anyway ) this will just had fuel to that thought
-Most fans won’t even know about this boycott with it not coming direct from the club,there will be many still go who usually can’t get tickets to showpiece matches at Wembley, especially families and tourist fans. If I wasn’t on this forum I would not even know about the boycott !
-we are in our biggest period of success with that comes the fact that football authorities & police will move ko times and match days, this is nothing new and won’t change but get worse with more matches squeezing in to a season with success comes many games
- it’s easy to say let’s boycott this game as a lot of hardcore fans are not that into a wembley charity shield , a serious boycott would be to do it at a fa cup final but fans wouldn’t want to miss a fa cup so that won’t ever happen
- imagine pep and the team coming out to the first big showpiece game since winning the treble and our end is half empty, pep will be well happy about that .
-I also think of the club will get wind of this and then just start selling the bottom tier first then lower regions of top tiers so it won’t even be that noticeable on Tv

Anyway that’s my thoughts and I will be going as a Sunday later KO suits me and work better anyway

Never been to one so I'm not going to start going now. Never understood the point of shelling out to go watch a friendly in London. I'll watch it on the tele and won't be arsed if we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.