Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a 'Knobhead' and a 'C**t', for supporting a planned boycott, and asking those who are not convinced to think again?

Well I tell you what Mr Swales, I'd rather be that than a soft arse like you, who clearly thinks that the FA's complete disregard for the scheduling of this fixture is OK.

If you are going, enjoy you day, whilst those sat in the FA Seats laugh at you.
Baaa baaa baaa

Away and lick your arse.

Who appointed you as the arbiter of what fans should do?

I am not going to Wembley because I have chosen not to travel for a pre-season friendly, not because some jumped-up would be dictator says so.

Here here! I'm not going for the same reasons, even if they game was 3pm Saturday and free, I'd still not be going.

Fair play to anyone who does go..... let's be honest, vast majority of those boycotting would likely not have been going or unsure anyway.

I’ve never noticed if it’s the normal way with it been a funny World Cup year but the 3rd division play off final was the same day as the last Premier League game this year. The finals were spread out over two weeks. Presumably so they could all be played at Wembley.

But anyway, getting away from the point a bit. Whatever the reasons for the Football League calendar, I think it’s fair to assume that they’re not going to be of a mind to change it to fit in with the Charity Shield.
but that is the point

The 4 divisions used to be aligned and the CS played the week before on Saturday at 3pm no black out restrictions, because the EFL and Prem agree to start at seperate weeks mainly for TV the showcase opener falls during the league season and so has to work around the black out inconveniencing all .

Too late for this year but from next they need to revert back to tradition and thus make it possible to be on Sat 3pm

Last edited:
Villa Parks capacity is about 42,000 isn't it? And we'd get (maybe) somewhere between15-20,000 tickets. Even if it's a straight split of 21,000 each, doesn't Wembley actually provide a better option to allow more City fans an opportunity to attend? I'd think there will be at least 25,000 going to the CS...
Really ?? Would you like a wager on that one?

Or do nowt and we get a super cup against a team we've already thrashed twice, (Seville) and a World Club Cup, (I mean what dah fuck) in Saudi and ....... if we, the fans hadn't protested we'd be playing Barca twice a season in some fucked up Super league with a play off match in Miami.

You sit on your hands saying nowt. Me, I hate the way football is going.
The Super Cup has been running with the same rules since 1972. If that’s “the way football is going”, we’re fifty years too late sayin owt

Nothing wrong with the Super Cup’s format at all, and I’m not totally on board with the new format for the Club World Cup but a lot on here are saying they prefer it as it’ll be more competitive, so, swings and roundabouts.

Notwithstanding any small concessions, we should continue to give the FA a hard time, they are utterly useless and remain a good example of hubris and exceptionalism.

Didn't they have the chance to offload the financial albatross they created for themselves with their incompetence in building the new wembley? Think it was an NFL guy who put up a decent bid pre pandemic? But we couldn't countenance the idea of not having a national stadium despite the fact that lots of leading football nations don't have one or if they do it's secured by a long term tennant not by money grubbing at the fans expense by attempting to drag them down there every 5 minutes. Are we the only nation that tries to run this model?

It's not just the piss taken out of fans outside of London, think of what could be done in grassroots football if they didn't have this monster to feed.

but that is the point

The 4 divisions used to be aligned and the CS played the week before on Saturday at 3pm no black out restrictions, because the EFL and Prem agree to start at seperate weeks mainly for TV the showcase opener falls during the league season and so has to work around the black out inconveniencing all .

Too late for this year but from next they need to revert back to tradition and thus make it possible to be on Sat 3pm
It was never shown live then. 46 games plus play-offs means they need to stary earlier.

I was going to boycott this but, given the earlier kick off time, I'm now going to go. Well done to the 1894 gang (great flags during the season btw) and others for putting the pressure on, even if you think they haven't gone far enough. I would prefer a Saturday game at 3pm too and a different location, but I need to shout the lads on after last season. Maybe we could protest at the game.....flags with "no more Wembley" on them etc.

The Super Cup has been running with the same rules since 1972. If that’s “the way football is going”, we’re fifty years too late sayin owt

Nothing wrong with the Super Cup’s format at all, and I’m not totally on board with the new format for the Club World Cup but a lot on here are saying they prefer it as it’ll be more competitive, so, swings and roundabouts.
Super Cup in Greece

So, there is "nothing wrong with the Super Cup format". Can you clarify your comment please?

Do you think it is a good idea for a team from England and another from Spain to play in Greece, pre-season, when the host country`s fans have none or little interest in the match ?

Yet, those fans of the competing clubs who are interested, will have to travel thousands of miles once again if they want to watch the match in person.

Surely, putting forward reasonable suggestions for making things better is what we should all be doing rather than defending the current situation and maintaining the status quo.

It is recognised that we operate in a different 21st century world and there are lots of stakeholders in football. Satisfying competing interests and demands is challenging. However, we are told that fans are at the heart of the game. Many decisions taken by football bodies show this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.