Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never shown live then. 46 games plus play-offs means they need to stary earlier.
they start a week earlier than the prem and finish a week earlier, so the weeks are the same, how I don't know but probably because they still do easter properly and also play some international weekends

Either way if all 4 started the same week they would end the same week bar the play offs going off the last few yers

but that is the point

The 4 divisions used to be aligned and the CS played the week before on Saturday at 3pm no black out restrictions, because the EFL and Prem agree to start at seperate weeks mainly for TV the showcase opener falls during the league season and so has to work around the black out inconveniencing all .

Too late for this year but from next they need to revert back to tradition and thus make it possible to be on Sat 3pm
Similar to the final day of the season just chuck the other leagues onto a Sunday for the opening game.

I do realise that could even with 12 months prior warning cause those teams the same issues as us but from ££££ perspective those teams & fans matter even less to the powers that control the game.

Or do nowt and we get a super cup against a team we've already thrashed twice, (Seville) and a World Club Cup, (I mean what dah fuck) in Saudi and ....... if we, the fans hadn't protested we'd be playing Barca twice a season in some fucked up Super league with a play off match in Miami.

You sit on your hands saying nowt. Me, I hate the way football is going.
WOW straight from RAWK

It's NOT a victory of any kind.

The matter goes MUCH further than this location or time ,despite it affecting us on this occasion.

The FA PL,SKY etc promised to put fans first following the ESL fiasco.

Hollow words.

Fans are treated arrogantly and appallingly and now is the opportunity to make a public stand and garner support from the wider football base.

We must not only stand by our guns, but raise the stakes and profile by engaging with all Manchester based MPs and get questions asked in Parliament.

BOYCOTT...and exercise your right to donate to a charity of your choosing !!

Super Cup in Greece

So, there is "nothing wrong with the Super Cup format". Can you clarify your comment please?

Do you think it is a good idea for a team from England and another from Spain to play in Greece, pre-season, when the host country`s fans have none or little interest in the match ?

Yet, those fans of the competing clubs who are interested, will have to travel thousands of miles once again if they want to watch the match in person.

Surely, putting forward reasonable suggestions for making things better is what we should all be doing rather than defending the current situation and maintaining the status quo.

It is recognised that we operate in a different 21st century world and there are lots of stakeholders in football. Satisfying competing interests and demands is challenging. However, we are told that fans are at the heart of the game. Many decisions taken by football bodies show this is not true.
I do think it’s a good idea to play in Greece, and I’m not sure that locals have little or no interest. It wouldn’t be broadcast to millions across the globe if there wasn’t global interest. There will be plenty of Greeks in and amongst the English and Spanish. There’s always local interest in previous years.

I’m all for thinking about ways to change the game for the better, I’m not against innovation. In another thread, I agreed with the idea given of a play-off round between Europa Conference winner and Europa League winner, I think that’s a great idea. However, just because I think there are plenty of ideas that can be explored, doesn’t mean the current fifty-year tradition represents “the way that football is going” in a negative direction, and not everything is worthy of a boycott IMHO.

Where something truly awful occurs, I’m the first to call for causing a bit of disruption to get ourselves heard. Like you said, we as fans did that to great and historic effect in stopping the Super League, which everyone is almost unanimously against as an insult to the game. But I would never compare any of the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, or Club World Cup… to the European Super League.

I do think it’s a good idea to play in Greece, and I’m not sure that locals have little or no interest. It wouldn’t be broadcast to millions across the globe if there wasn’t global interest. There will be plenty of Greeks in and amongst the English and Spanish. There’s always local interest in previous years.

I’m all for thinking about ways to change the game for the better, I’m not against innovation. In another thread, I agreed with the idea given of a play-off round between Europa Conference winner and Europa League winner, I think that’s a great idea. However, just because I think there are plenty of ideas that can be explored, doesn’t mean the current fifty-year tradition represents “the way that football is going” in a negative direction, and not everything is worthy of a boycott IMHO.

Where something truly awful occurs, I’m the first to call for causing a bit of disruption to get ourselves heard. Like you said, we as fans did that to great and historic effect in stopping the Super League, which everyone is almost unanimously against as an insult to the game. But I would never compare any of the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, or Club World Cup… to the European Super League.
SUPER CUP IN GREECE - A GOOD IDEA?

Well, I never cease to be surprised.

I can not think of any basis on which playing in Greece for a so called Super Cup is a good idea. Yet you do. Opinions, opinions eh !

Some of your other comments appear to be om response to not agreeing with other posters, not me.

City has achieved 100 points in the top flight, the domrstic quadrupple, the european Treble including the Champions League whilst establishing new records along the way. These qualify as greatness.

SUPER CUP IN GREECE - A GOOD IDEA?

Well, I never cease to be surprised.

I can not think of any basis on which playing in Greece for a so called Super Cup is a good idea. Yet you do. Opinions, opinions eh !

Some of your other comments appear to be om response to not agreeing with other posters, not me.

City has achieved 100 points in the top flight, the domrstic quadrupple, the european Treble including the Champions League whilst establishing new records along the way. These qualify as greatness.
Not sure why you pointed out those facts in the last sentences. Of course it is greatness, I don’t think anyone could suggest otherwise.

I'd say 3 times - the TwentysPlenty campaign for cheaper tickets for away League games was successful too. Fans from every club in the PL came together on that one. Particular credit goes to the Liverpool and Everton fan groups for lobbying Scudamore and even Barclays who were a PL sponsor, and also to our very own DF from 1894 for coming up with the idea of a co-ordinated weekend of action across all Premier League fixtures which saw fans from all clubs take part.
Yes! I'd forgotten that.
That's the thing. Fans will join together on an issue that affects everyone. On single club issues they won't.
What other clubs fans who are shouting "you wouldn't have sold out / empty seats" here don't get is if (say Newcastle) get there next year they may get treated the same if we all don't stand together now.

I was going to boycott this but, given the earlier kick off time, I'm now going to go. Well done to the 1894 gang (great flags during the season btw) and others for putting the pressure on, even if you think they haven't gone far enough. I would prefer a Saturday game at 3pm too and a different location, but I need to shout the lads on after last season. Maybe we could protest at the game.....flags with "no more Wembley" on them etc.
Don’t know about no more Wembley mean we’re crap again think I’ll take going to Wembley a few times a season :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.