Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of business is done behind closed doors etc, but I'd love to see us offer the same money to Barcelona for De Jong, even if it's just to shake the tree and see what comes loose.

He might say he's not interested in moving, but that stance might change if suddenly they're trying to push him out.

West Ham and/or Rice might realise we have other options and it's not going to be a straight bidding war vs. Arsenal.

Other teams might get involved and kick off a merry-go-round - FDJ to Bayern? Where does Kimmich fit in after that etc.

Arsenal must think that they have to win an auction to get him. If Rice is so set on Arsenal, why up the bid? I know West Ham had rejected offers but they have to sell this summer, they’re not in a position of power here. They are not losing this asset on a free next year. They can’t afford to. West Ham can mock £90m bids through the media all they want, but they would have had to accept at some point had Arse not increased. I can only assume Arsenal think City will bow out at this price.

Am sure I read that Rice has one year left with an option of another year!? So really he has two years left.

I know a lot of business is done behind closed doors etc, but I'd love to see us offer the same money to Barcelona for De Jong, even if it's just to shake the tree and see what comes loose.

He might say he's not interested in moving, but that stance might change if suddenly they're trying to push him out.
I'd be testing the waters on Valverde and Camavinga too.

Caqueret is so short though. Wouldn't usually care but it feels clear we want someone quite big and physical for that position. Pep's shifted to a much more height-focused manager than he was for the vast majority of his career.
We want a Footballer, not a Basketball player. Do we really need another defensive midfield player? We have Rodri and Phillips (who isn't that much worse than Rice). Phillips needs another season.

I personally don't think Rice is good enough to play the system we play, and one of my mates who's a Big West Ham fan says the same - nowhere near good enough for City. He's not got the pace of pass or the creativity. Barella/FDJ/Kimmich are much better options for me.

Not saying it’s correct but Talksport saying Arsenal have made a revised bid of £100m up front with £5m add ons. I doubt they’ve got £20m to give anyone upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.