Russian invasion of Ukraine

Zelensky gave his word to the people of Ukraine,that he will take every inch of Ukrainian land back.
I believe his word mate.
That's not to say you are wrong and I am right,it's just opinion.
A very strong and confident opinion.

Slava Ukraini.
Putin thinks he will be able to outlast the West’s desire to support Ukraine. Evidence is now mounting that Russia will run out of money first. (Available reserves shrinking, rouble crashing, China and India refusing to pay for oil in roubles, huge budget deficits).
So patience might see Ukraine home.

I know it's depressing, but we're not going to invade Russia, so the war will end in a negotiation.

We need to make sure there are proper measures in place to guarantee Ukr security as part of that ie NATO membership or similar.

But negotiation there will be, like it or not, with whoever is in power in Russia.
This is correct with 1 caveat, negotiation can only have a chance once Putin has been replaced, and hopefully replaced by someone who isn't a war-mongering nonce (tm GDM) with a private army

I know it's depressing, but we're not going to invade Russia, so the war will end in a negotiation.

We need to make sure there are proper measures in place to guarantee Ukr security as part of that ie NATO membership or similar.

But negotiation there will be, like it or not, with whoever is in power in Russia.
Can’t see that happening with Putin in charge. It is impossible to negotiate with a mass murderer who has proved time after time that any agreement is worthless, and everything he says is a lie. Russia was never made accountable for countless atrocities personally ordered or instigated by him over the years such as Litvinenko, MH17, Salisbury, Crimea, the Donbas and doubtless numerous other events, and instead was awarded the Sochi olympics and the World Cup, leading him to believe he could do what the fuck he wanted with minimal consequences.

Depends on how you define ‘negotiation’ in the context of any settlement, I guess. Versailles was a negotiation of sorts, and although I’m not advocating an outcome like that, the only circumstances (imo) where any discussions should take place are when Russia has been repelled and where Ukraine are fully willing to do so.

So, yes I accept there will eventually, by necessity, be negotiation, but I don’t accept those negotiations should take place until Russia is defeated, and certainly not now. The alternative doesn’t bear thinking about.

Exactly my view

Zelensky gave his word to the people of Ukraine,that he will take every inch of Ukrainian land back.
I believe his word mate.
That's not to say you are wrong and I am right,it's just opinion.
A very strong and confident opinion.

Slava Ukraini.

I don't disagree - but even a complete victory will result in a negotiation on terms for lasting peace.

I agree that any negotiation would have to come after Ukrainian victory. Otherwise, the Ruskies would continue to pound settlements in Crimea and the Dombass from across the border.

Exactly my view
So when I postulate ‘no negotiation’ I very much mean right here, right now. I think that sometimes get misinterpreted (perhaps understandably) as ad infinitum, which would be preposterous.

I just mean there’s no point negotiating with Putin at all, and there’s no point negotiating with Russia unless they are in a position of relative weakness. The future of Western Europe depends on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.