It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I do admit I worry sometimes with our transfer policy, please calm down and hear me out before lambasting me.

In general we do a great job however there have been a couple of occasions where I feel we have shit the bed a little when we don't get our targets.

When we went successful getting Kane we went the season playing with a false 9 again and ultimately we won the league BUT it needed a gundo masterclass on the last day of the season AND if we had signed Kane I recon we may have won the cl 1 season sooner. I know we have haaland now but im just giving an example that sometimes we don't have an alternative that can be available right away. Another example is Cucurella... Sergio gomez was the alternative, I don't think I need to explain this.

I know in general we have done bloody well with our transfers that aren't first choice but with Arsenal strengthening so well we will need to ensure Gundo replacement is going to hit the going running, it's such an important position and I don't think the person coming in can be afforded a season to settle in otherwise we may be left ruing our decision to pull out of the rice transfer.

Just my 2 penny's worth, I do hope that this time next year I am sat laughing at why I was so silly for worrying!
Kovačić say hi

Please don't underestimate how good he is, some say we've got a soft underbelly throughout the side, he's got big boots to fill but he'll put steel in the side along with linking defense to attack

I think rice and Bellingham were those players that city wanted regardless of need. With them not coming it’s a case of we’ll only but if we lose a player. They aren’t looking specifically at anyone else in the forward positions. Mcatee and Oscar bobb to be intergrated hopefully this season into squad and Phillips to play more of a part. Gvardiol coming in as they expect to lose cancelo and he fits the new system

Jack Gaughan is the "spin doctor" for Txiki.

Khaldoons words & Txiki actions don`t match. We are one of the richest clubs in the world & Txiki is out there acting like we are broke. I guess positiv media narratives & the net spend trophy are now more important. Pep might save the day (again) next season but i`m not optimistic.

EDS sales/loans , Bernardo drama, some sales of 1st team players will be the script for the next 6 weeks & perhaps mid august we might do a "value signing".

Seems weird saying this now, only after being publicly turned down by West Ham after offering £90m.

Seems like saving face.

In any case, only buying after selling/moving on is a risky strategy as we'll miss out players and we generally don't sell until the last weeks of the window, so not a lot of time to get players in.
I see what you’re saying.

We really don’t need much else if no one goes. Gvardiol added what else do we really need?!

It's strange how we pivoted from "Kovacic will come in regardless if gundogan stays or goes" to "kovacic is our gundogan replacement". If gundo left we were meant to bring in 2 midfielders, kovacic and a gundogan replacement which was rice before we left the race.

I do admit I worry sometimes with our transfer policy, please calm down and hear me out before lambasting me.

In general we do a great job however there have been a couple of occasions where I feel we have shit the bed a little when we don't get our targets.

But I think it's ultimately better to wait than to get the backup target who doesn't really work for us.

Jack Gaughan is the "spin doctor" for Txiki.

Khaldoons words & Txiki actions don`t match. We are one of the richest clubs in the world & Txiki is out there acting like we are broke. I guess positiv media narratives & the net spend trophy are now more important. Pep might save the day (again) next season but i`m not optimistic.

EDS sales/loans , Bernardo drama, some sales of 1st team players will be the script for the next 6 weeks & perhaps mid august we might do a "value signing".
It's incredible some people here have convinced themselves pep is "saving" the day. we have the best team in the world, the best players in the world. this doesn't happen by accident.

absolutely no respect.

It's strange how we pivoted from "Kovacic will come in regardless if gundogan stays or goes" to "kovacic is our gundogan replacement". If gundo left we were meant to bring in 2 midfielders, kovacic and a gundogan replacement which was rice before we left the race.
I think that if rice came he wouldve been gundogans replacement and now we have no plan C, maybe thats why they switched the narrative to Kovacic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.