Dominik Szoboszlai

The problem is not just the ageing squad though is it? Attitude / dressing room is suddenly an issue it seems. I say that because they turn up when they feel like it - games against city and rags for example and appear to down tools when they can't be arsed. This is a really toxic issue because until last season klopps key strength was motivation and persuading the whole team to run through walls for him.
thats fair. I think that was largely down to the fact that they had been so used to success (relatively speaking) that as soon as the midfield started to let them down they just couldnt accept they were no longer a match for Brighton let alone City.

My concern is that the new midfield is nothing like the peak Henderson Wjinaldum Fabinho midfield when we were the best team. They worked so hard but also key was how well they covered the defence. 3 years on and VVD is obviously not what he was - and that is on top of a midfield that just isnt going to play like the one that fitted the system so perfectly.

In conclusion, probably more of the same this year unless we get a confidence boosting start. Lots of big wins, lots of frustrating 2 or 3 goal defeats.

thats fair. I think that was largely down to the fact that they had been so used to success (relatively speaking) that as soon as the midfield started to let them down they just couldnt accept they were no longer a match for Brighton let alone City.

My concern is that the new midfield is nothing like the peak Henderson Wjinaldum Fabinho midfield when we were the best team. They worked so hard but also key was how well they covered the defence. 3 years on and VVD is obviously not what he was - and that is on top of a midfield that just isnt going to play like the one that fitted the system so perfectly.

In conclusion, probably more of the same this year unless we get a confidence boosting start. Lots of big wins, lots of frustrating 2 or 3 goal defeats.
You were never the best team

Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are very decent signings! Liverpool's main issue was midfield - legs, creativity and leaving the defence vulnerable. Not sure if these fully compensate for that, but definitely add legs & creativity.

Of course he would,he'd have been a perfect Gundo replacement.
Pep chose Kovacic instead.
I disagree, I think Mac Alister has limitations, as for the other player I’ve not noticed him and know nothing about him. The dippers have made some less than good player purchases, let’s hope these two turn out to be as shit as Nunez.

My view is that Kovacic is the best signing of the close-season so far. The issue is that we have lost Gundogan, so there is no benefit, though I think Kovacic will surprise many.
One other thing to realise is that all of the teams that people are fretting about are a long way adrift of us. it could definitely also be argued that some of our players will continue to improve - Alvarez, Haaland, Akanji, Lewis, Phil and Jack, to name a few. We have exciting youth coming into the first team squad in Bobb and McAtee, and we may sign the best young centre-back in world football. It is never nice to see rivals signing good players, but we can surely handle two weeks of peace after the season we have just had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.