Bluemoon Angling Thread

Had a barbel session roving on the River Swale last week for a blank on bright sunshine. Been hammering the lures for perch this last week or so. Had plenty but nothing worth a photograph. Lost a nice pike yesterday which inhaled a perch lure in clear water at my feet in beautifully pant-filling fashion.

I once read some wise words: carp fishing is all about the fight but pike fishing is all about the take. I do enjoy fishing in thundery weather too.

I was out on The Ribble last night. Arrived about 4 to find it perfect: up and falling, lovely colour to it, weather mainly cloudy. Fished a new jungle peg which gave be some problems as casting was restricted and it was full of snags and I lost several sets of tackle.

It was also full of fish. I had five barbel before I had to be off at 11pm due to the rules and they were feeding when I left. The best thing about these barbel is that I had three around 1lb which is great for the future.

I havent fished for over 40 years and I use to do sea fishing.

Strangely I have found myself watching fishing programs. I find them really relaxing and funny. I watch two, the Bob Mortimer and the cockney bloke, and I like the one with the two blokes that go around Europe carp fishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.