Sheffield away - need travel advice

A lot of the time overseas fans come over for a particular time rather than just the game. I came over for my 60th birthday and took in Villa at home and Arsenal away. I bought the flights before the fixtures came out.
The one thing is, if (just for example) the OSC had 300 tickets for the Arsenal game, I've only "denied" one other member of the OSC a ticket. Those fans missing out that were hoping for a ticket by having loads of points, I haven't jumped ahead of.
No, you’ve denied a 23k pointer who will be at every home game, most away games (except those where he/she’s been queue jumped by someone who’s not seen the Etihad for eons). If people move away, as you did, fair enough, that’s life and good luck in that venture. But don’t expect anything but rightful opprobrium if you then get a ticket for a game at the expense of those who’ve “stayed put”.
The only time an OSC member should get a ticket is through points.

That's bollocks frankly. He's got a ticket from the OSC allocation, not "stolen" it from someone with 23.5k points. It's come from a separate pot entirely.

And I don't want to pick a fight as you're a good poster but let's be frank here. You're one of the most active posters on the Ticket threads, always asking for or offering tickets. Im guessing many of the tickets you offer for games come via people who use your coach who can't make a game, or from people who know you run a coach. Do you only offer those tickets to those with high points? And the tickets you're looking to source, are those only for people who would have met the original selling criteria? I'm guessing not. But that's the way of the world. I've also been on both sides of that fence a few times.

Now, like many on here, I know you're genuinely doing it to help others out, which you also do by arranging a coach. But it's a bit off knocking a guy for legitimately sourcing a ticket for whats possibly once in a lifetime experience for him, when you're lucky enough to be able go to most games and have sourced tickets for others.
That “separate pot” shouldn’t exist.
If it didn’t then there’d be 300 more tickets available to those going week in / week out, not those on “the trip of a lifetime.” Let them earn the points.

That “separate pot” shouldn’t exist.
If it didn’t then there’d be 300 more tickets available to those going week in / week out, not those on “the trip of a lifetime.” Let them earn the points.
Pretty hard to earn points when you live on the other side of the world.

Pretty hard to earn points when you live on the other side of the world.
so just do a home game then......is this thread like a piss take?

clarkie land I think

Listen if you can blag a ticket that's great we all have ...it's the system we are questioning boss.

Loads and loads wanted Sheffield Utd away.....it's a great away

so just do a home game then......is this thread like a piss take?

clarkie land I think

Listen if you can blag a ticket that's great we all have ...it's the system we are questioning boss.
Yeah I understand that there are concerns about the system. But if the OSC is able to allocate me a ticket, I’d be out of my mind not to take it. A couple on here have had a go at me when their issue is with the way the club allocates away tickets. This could go on and on forever. I’m grateful that I’m able to go a game.

I had to spend more than £1500 on two hospitality tickets to Newcastle at home. I’m not jumping up and down because I couldn’t get a standard ticket because I don’t have enough points. It’s not that easy to “just do a home game”.

I paid my flights to the UK from Australia, accommodation, train to Sheffield. I think I’m allowed to go to the away game if I was allocated a ticket. No part of this was a piss take.

Yeah I understand that there are concerns about the system. But if the OSC is able to allocate me a ticket, I’d be out of my mind not to take it. A couple on here have had a go at me when their issue is with the way the club allocates away tickets. This could go on and on forever. I’m grateful that I’m able to go a game.

I had to spend more than £1500 on two hospitality tickets to Newcastle at home. I’m not jumping up and down because I couldn’t get a standard ticket because I don’t have enough points. It’s not that easy to “just do a home game”.

I paid my flights to the UK from Australia, accommodation, train to Sheffield. I think I’m allowed to go to the away game if I was allocated a ticket. No part of this was a piss take.
not a piss take? fair enough ....and like I said well done for blagging an away ticket

Enjoy your trip boss.

We are just jealous cunts....but the away points system is properly fucked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.