Sheffield away - need travel advice

not a piss take? fair enough ....and like I said well done for blagging an away ticket

Enjoy your trip boss.

We are just jealous cunts....but the away points system is properly fucked up.
It’s not a piss take because I was legitimately asking how to pick up my ticket from the ground and whether train would be the best way to get there from London. Had I known about the backlash I’d get, I wouldn’t have bothered at all.

It’s not a piss take because I was legitimately asking how to pick up my ticket from the ground and whether train would be the best way to get there from London. Had I known about the backlash I’d get, I wouldn’t have bothered at all.
part of being a blue mate....take it on the chin pal.

It's a big family and we fall out ....

Yeah I understand that there are concerns about the system. But if the OSC is able to allocate me a ticket, I’d be out of my mind not to take it. A couple on here have had a go at me when their issue is with the way the club allocates away tickets. This could go on and on forever. I’m grateful that I’m able to go a game.

I had to spend more than £1500 on two hospitality tickets to Newcastle at home. I’m not jumping up and down because I couldn’t get a standard ticket because I don’t have enough points. It’s not that easy to “just do a home game”.

I paid my flights to the UK from Australia, accommodation, train to Sheffield. I think I’m allowed to go to the away game if I was allocated a ticket. No part of this was a piss take.
How dare you come on a fans page and ask for advice when you’ve had the audacity to get a ticket for an away game …….
ignore all the bitters pal , if it wasn’t you getting the said ticket it would be someone else , we all do what we can to get a ticket , try harder enough and you often get one .
I will be in Sheffield for the match , inbox me if you fancy catching up for a beer .

Yeah I understand that there are concerns about the system. But if the OSC is able to allocate me a ticket, I’d be out of my mind not to take it. A couple on here have had a go at me when their issue is with the way the club allocates away tickets. This could go on and on forever. I’m grateful that I’m able to go a game.

I had to spend more than £1500 on two hospitality tickets to Newcastle at home. I’m not jumping up and down because I couldn’t get a standard ticket because I don’t have enough points. It’s not that easy to “just do a home game”.

I paid my flights to the UK from Australia, accommodation, train to Sheffield. I think I’m allowed to go to the away game if I was allocated a ticket. No part of this was a piss take.
You’ve got your ticket through the system . No argument from me on that. Enjoy the game, safe and enjoyable journey.

Yeah exactly, not my fault. And you’re right - I came here for advice. But more specifically.. travel advice. Not to be blasted because of how the club chooses to allocate tickets.

I’ve watched all the games on TV for so many years and when I get the opportunity to go to a match, do you honestly expect me not to take it? If I lived in the UK, I’d be going to as many matches as I could. Instead of saying, “wow, you’re coming all the way from australia to watch your first game - I hope you have a blast”, you’d rather give me a hard time because of how the club chooses to allocate away tickets.

You should take a minute and appreciate that you get to go to matches so often. For me, it might be a once in a lifetime experience. I get there’s two sides to this situation but don’t take it out on me mate. The only thing you’re doing is spoiling something I’m really looking forward to.

So maybe you should talk to the club about your frustrations, instead of projecting them onto me.

Thanks to everyone else who was really helpful!
Nobody has blasted you. They’ve just pointed out a huge frustration that we have as a fanbase that long standing, long attending fans are having their pastime taken away from them by a growing bunch of daytrippers.

This century, we have had a Loyalty/Ticket Points system in place where you are eligible for away tickets based on how many points you have. And that is supposed to be the case with the allocation of tickets for away games in the Official Supporters Club allocation as well. So it’s not just the club here, it’s your Supporters Club who come into question.

With no consultation with the fanbase, that system is now eroding. The allocation for points holders is shrinking every season, and a large percentage of our fanbase disagrees with this.

Many fans have tried to express our frustrations to the club but they are very difficult to correspond with when it comes to reaching the people who we need to reach and even if they were easier to get in touch with, it appears they don’t listen and don’t care.

It’s probably a good thing for you to know rather than nobody tell you and you be oblivious to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ignore the sad, entitled twats. Unfortunately, the world is full of them. I met a few from the Sydney branch in Istanbul and they were very funny and very committed.
Nobody has slagged the guy off, but you’re calling Blues who are just airing frustrations ‘sad, entitled twats’.

I think you need to have a fucking look in the mirror, fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be in Reddish Blues supporters club and you could only get an away ticket if you had the required points.

Has something changed?
As far as I know, no, nothing has changed here.

Don’t worry about it mate, the stick you’ve got here is nothing personal.

Many people have frustrations about every aspect of the ticketing system City use - including the ticket points system. It’s mostly self preservation, which ultimately means the same people always attend away fixtures, as they’ve had the privilege of doing for many years already. To be honest a hell of a lot of people think that isn’t fair either.

There’s also a lot of hypocrisy as PB alluded to. If you couldn’t make the fixture and offered your ticket on here, the most of the same people would rip your hand off, no questions asked.

Can’t believe you were charged a grand a half for two for Newcastle as well - that shows the lengths you’d go to to watch City but also what a crazy world we live in that they can charge you that. Hopefully the £30 ticket for Sheffield United makes up for that a bit.

Enjoy - you’ve got two great fixtures to look forward to and the atmosphere should be excellent for both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.