Cole Palmer

I can think of the odd 50m reasons why we have invested so much time, effort and money in our academy

but the academy never produces players who can get into our first team, even though they are in high demand by everybody else :)

I'm not denying that it's good money for him but let's say Doku gets hurt versus Fulham. Foden would likely be pushed back out wide right and who's playing as our 10? Alvarez has done a decent job there but he can't do it as well as Phil and certainly not every game. I'd argue RW is probably the position with the least depth in our whole squad and it's the perfect opportunity for Cole to prove that he's good enough.
Bernardo,Foden, Doku & Alvarez at a push can all play RW.

If we accept an offer from Chelsea would Cole be willing to go there, if its game time that he wants.

To let a great academy prospect go to a rival is very disappointing to be honest. It does question why we have the academy.
Bit gutted.

To make money like every other academy. Like Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea , Ajax etc alot of money comes from academy players. Once in a while you will get a special player coming through, but most of the talent can be sold for profit to other clubs. Its a model that continues to work and be successful. Bringing in major income.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.