Academy/CFG Profit

You'll probably know better than I do, but didn't we pay for some of those players, and some wouldn't have gone through the Academy at all?

Realise the title is Academy / CFG - and I'd imagine there are quite a lot of fees involved in the CFG ones. Also a lot of players we've bought that we lost money on. Wasn't there an article recently about how City were making money off players no one knew played for City (i.e. CFG), but at the end of the article it pointed out we'd made an overall loss on them?

Incredible. We can raise huge amounts of money through the Academy sales and then buy the very best in the business. At the same time, the best prospects (Foden, Lewis, Bobb) get a chance to make it with us.

I'm seeing our academy and the sales as nothing but a positive,up to you if you want to go down the critical/negative route.
Where did you get that? It’s a genuine question. We spent all that time scouting and developing yet brought few through. Palmer is off to Chelsea yet we sign new players.

It’s great when a local lad (or locally based) breaks in to the first team. Foden is really popular.

Looking at that list no.
How many are outperforming at an elite club - those that 'might', Diaz, Lavia, Adarabioyo? None of them ready to step into our team. I think the list proves we are getting this right.
Was just about to post something like that. There isn't any outstanding mistakes on that list.

Where did you get that? It’s a genuine question. We spent all that time scouting and developing yet brought few through. Palmer is off to Chelsea yet we sign new players.

It’s great when a local lad (or locally based) breaks in to the first team. Foden is really popular.
It's good for local talent but I don't get this need people have for an academy player to get into the team, if you're not good enough we sell, and the academy is a cash cow...fucking brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.