Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

How come Van Dick is only getting one-match suspension for last week. I assumed it would be three at least and maybe more added on, because of his refusal to leave the pitch and the naughty words....
He'll be fined half an hours wages as well, don't worry.

I think they are deliberately trying to make Salah the record transfer. There are few Muslim footballers with his talent, profile and image in world football my only suprise is that they waited this long to get him.

As for Liverpool, they have to accept it. Mad money for a player who has won all he can win at the club and is likely another year if not two away from challenging for the top prizes again.

How come Van Dick is only getting one-match suspension for last week. I assumed it would be three at least and maybe more added on, because of his refusal to leave the pitch and the naughty words....
The three match ban is for violent conduct. It's only ever one match for a regular sending off.

As you say, more may be added on, and I think that's likely.

I think they are deliberately trying to make Salah the record transfer. There are few Muslim footballers with his talent, profile and image in world football my only suprise is that they waited this long to get him.

As for Liverpool, they have to accept it. Mad money for a player who has won all he can win at the club and is likely another year if not two away from challenging for the top prizes again.
I'm not sure it is mad money any more. Especially as he's consistently their highest scorer by some distance (last year he scored and assisted more than Diaz, Gakpo and Jota combined) and still one of the top 10 in world football.

I think it's easy to look at £200m as transformative, but if losing him means that Liverpool don't qualify for the Champions League this season, then they'll likely be more than £200m down across the next two seasons, and may be locked out for longer.

Arsenal had £50m higher revenues than Liverpool in 2016/17 when they failed to qualify for the Champions League. Five seasons later and their revenues in just one season were well over £200m lower.

If they were in the CL this season, and didn't have other problems in the squad, then they'd be more confident, but I can see why they would think even £200m is a risk.

You only get a three-match ban for violent conduct (two-footed challenge, head butt, throwing a punch). His swipe of Isak is a one-match ban.

I think he’ll get a fine or another game on top for his conduct leaving the pitch (he has been charged by the PL for it, and he didn’t respond with a refute to the charge).

find it a joke Mahrez was only 30m if this Salad is 150m. about 1 year younger and much better stats but not 5x difference still.
For many reasons

1.) Salah is more famous. These Saudi buys aren't for footballing reasons, they want the "best of the best" but what they really want is the biggest names. Salah is arguably the most famous Muslim footballer of all time and worldwide is known by every sports fan

2.) Liverpool dont want to sell Salah, who is more important to Liverpool than Mahrez was to us. Salah is their star, their best player. He starts every single game regardless. Mahrez starts a lot, but Bernardo is our first option on the right, Foden likely is the 2nd option going into this year.

3.) Salah is better. No he is not 5x better but that's not how it works. Salah is world class and has been a phenom at the Dippers. He's among the top 5 best goalscorers in world football with Haaland, Mbappe, Kane and Lewandowski. PFA player of the year, UEFA player of the year. Things Mahrez doesn't have. Mahrez is world class, but he's not Salah

4.) Liverpool owners aren't as rich as ours so rinse every penny. We don't NEED to fleece teams, because we have a great infrastructure that generates our revenue. Plus our owners are more willing to cover costs if we ask them. FSG spend money, but they do it when they are under pressure from the fans or when their own negligence means their squad is lacking. Their priority is to use the moneyball approach and generate profit from good purchases. Salah is the star, they will squeeze every penny they can

5.) It's too late for Liverpool to replace. The window is shut and the Dippers can't replace their star. This raises the value by 50%. Mahrez left in good time and allowed us to get in Doku, the guy we hope can replace him for the next 10 years.

Read McNulty's piece on the transfer window on beeeb, very selective prose.

Started off with the scamps' retaining sir mo, and trying to say that the transfer fee would be used in its entirety to get a replacement if he went. With that owner???

The rags and the world class ambarat were of course mentioned, even calling their 2 wins this season "sketchy."

Stuff on forest and spurs then back to the grievers and ther attacking talent.

Strange and little surprising that the Treble Winner's business doesn't get a sniff, how well our academy production line has generated profits which are then reinvested into the team, loans to develop youngsters, giveaways to get rid of toxic primadonnas....

Yet not unbelievable that we're blatantly ignored, the snubs to Pep and Erl this week are proof of the media's partiality.

However deafening silence on those two capital stalwarts cheque book profilegacy. Not a dicky bird on the windows for assnal or chels. Very odd, and yet when I think about it, not odd at all!

You only get a three-match ban for violent conduct (two-footed challenge, head butt, throwing a punch). His swipe of Isak is a one-match ban.

I think he’ll get a fine or another game on top for his conduct leaving the pitch (he has been charged by the PL for it, and he didn’t respond with a refute to the charge).
Always amazes me that people don’t know the rules around the number of games a red card means you are suspended for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.