Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I'm not sure it is mad money any more. Especially as he's consistently their highest scorer by some distance (last year he scored and assisted more than Diaz, Gakpo and Jota combined) and still one of the top 10 in world football.

I think it's easy to look at £200m as transformative, but if losing him means that Liverpool don't qualify for the Champions League this season, then they'll likely be more than £200m down across the next two seasons, and may be locked out for longer.

Arsenal had £50m higher revenues than Liverpool in 2016/17 when they failed to qualify for the Champions League. Five seasons later and their revenues in just one season were well over £200m lower.

If they were in the CL this season, and didn't have other problems in the squad, then they'd be more confident, but I can see why they would think even £200m is a risk.
Mad money in the sense that he is 31 and his game relies on a pace/trickery. You could get a year or two out him but I would be amazed if he doesn't decline soon.

Your point about revenue is excellent. Liverpool owners are getting away with murder. They are not as bad as the crooks at Old Trafford but they are not far behind.

Stupid not to cash in on him, the transfer fee would last 10 years or more, makes the Coutino fee look like peanuts

They're looking really good tbh. Defensively a bit suspect still but it's going to be ding dong season with them, spurs, us, PGMOLUtd and maybe Brighton, maybe.

BTW Salah isn't worth the money, he wasn't that good before klopp and he won't be afterwards.

Be stupid of Liverpool to turn down 200m for Salah if they got it. Could build their whole squad with that money.

They're looking really good tbh. Defensively a bit suspect still but it's going to be ding dong season with them, spurs, us, PGMOLUtd and maybe Brighton, maybe.

BTW Salah isn't worth the money, he wasn't that good before klopp and he won't be afterwards.
I seen him play at the 2012 olympics against brazil and he looked a worldie back then and he only played the second half. Just mourinho couldnt see how good he and kdb were

I seen him play at the 2012 olympics against brazil and he looked a worldie back then and he only played the second half. Just mourinho couldnt see how good he and kdb were
Not only mourinho though was it? Roma and Fiorentina loaned him, not big money moves, not really in the bracket of Benzema etc... Klopp plucked him out of obscurity and then he became famous because he plays and wins for lfc. That's the impression i got anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.