General Videogame Thread

3 hours of Starfield and just in the lab on kreet .. won't judge till I've had around 25 hours play! This early though it no man sky vibes

What are you still doing there?

No idea that was my first mission but before there shot down a few cargo ships while getting used to what all the buttons do! When starting a new game like this I piss about early on trying to get to grips with it all! Spent 5 mins before leaving to go outside because forgot to put my space helmet on hahaha

That said, I am fortunately able to run it on Ultra with FSR2 (ridiculous that Bethesda signed that exclusive deal with AMD, though, which means no DLSS support until a modder makes it possible) and that makes a big difference.
A Modder has already done DLSS support.

I'm 5 hours of gameplay. In usual Bethesda style I've got as far as meeting Sarah and then buggered off to explore with her. We are in love and have eloped. In my head.

Cleared out "spoiler" on IO and then had a look at Earth. What a barren place. I also annoyed the pirate dude so he hates me. Probably.

Bit fiddly in places but there's a lot going on, guns, suits, helmets etc etc. Way to many cut scenes, I want to take off myself please.

Enjoying it so far. No bugs yet, loads fine, great fps indoors, drops under 100 outdoors which is still all good.

Took a random jaunt to an orbiting space station somewhere that had been completely decimated by aliens….they’d killed every fucker and left some of the bits strewn around in bloody piles…….nearly shit my pants when I opened one of the doors deep inside the facility and an alien horde charged me and my companion…..massive alien style shootout ensued…

some great and funny moments so far….enjoying much more now than the first few hours game play…

edit: I would add that the jet pack is getting much better at upgrade level 3 and you can also gets mods that help immensely too…

Having devoted myself to iRacing for the last 10 months and spent far far more than I would like to admit on my sim rig, I’m a few days off finishing 4th in the world (around 25,000 took part) in the formula I mainly race in for this season.

It may only be a video game (racing sim) but I’ve never finished so high in anything, however niche. I’ve tried showing off to the wife about it but she really couldn’t give a fuck.

The cool thing is that I’ve raced against Norris, Verstappen and Alonso over the past few months and am now fairly good mates on Discord with several current F2 and F3 drivers as we’re in the same E Sports team.

Having devoted myself to iRacing for the last 10 months and spent far far more than I would like to admit on my sim rig, I’m a few days off finishing 4th in the world (around 25,000 took part) in the formula I mainly race in for this season.

It may only be a video game (racing sim) but I’ve never finished so high in anything, however niche. I’ve tried showing off to the wife about it but she really couldn’t give a fuck.

The cool thing is that I’ve raced against Norris, Verstappen and Alonso over the past few months and am now fairly good mates on Discord with several current F2 and F3 drivers as we’re in the same E Sports team.
That’s great.

Do you feel as though you might have missed your true vocation?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    494 KB · Views: 10
That’s great.

Do you feel as though you might have missed your true vocation?
I think if I’d been made to do karting from a young age I could probably have made some sort of career at some level racing cars but certainly not at the higher formula single seaters as I’m stupidly big at 6’ 4” and 85kgs.

As an example, one of the guys I race online with, Jack Doohan is 6’ 0” (quite tall for an F2 driver - he races for Alpine), but he weighs just under 70kg and even he’s on the limit of what his team would prefer.

Then there’s also the fact that whilst I may be decent at car control, line theory or any of that stuff, there’s no way my own self preservation would allow me to drive a car IRL at the same speeds into corners that I can on the sim. I think race car drivers are missing that part of the brain. They’re never thinking “what would happen if a bearing sheered here or my brakes failed there” - I would be thinking that the entire time.

It’s still fun to do though and I can’t think of any other hobby where you can mix it up with some of the best in the world. It would be like going and having a daily kick about with half the City squad and not making a twat of yourself.

I think if I’d been made to do karting from a young age I could probably have made some sort of career at some level racing cars but certainly not at the higher formula single seaters as I’m stupidly big at 6’ 4” and 85kgs.

As an example, one of the guys I race online with, Jack Doohan is 6’ 0” (quite tall for an F2 driver - he races for Alpine), but he weighs just under 70kg and even he’s on the limit of what his team would prefer.

Then there’s also the fact that whilst I may be decent at car control, line theory or any of that stuff, there’s no way my own self preservation would allow me to drive a car IRL at the same speeds into corners that I can on the sim. I think race car drivers are missing that part of the brain. They’re never thinking “what would happen if a bearing sheered here or my brakes failed there” - I would be thinking that the entire time.

It’s still fun to do though and I can’t think of any other hobby where you can mix it up with some of the best in the world. It would be like going and having a daily kick about with half the City squad and not making a twat of yourself.
I find it really interesting that you might never have discovered this talent without the level of immersion in video gaming these games have these days…

Fascinating all the same mate, best of luck with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.