United Thread - 2023/24

How was Casemiro’s foul only a second yellow?

Surely that’s a denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Some gems on the Caf :

Onana - he's a goalkeeper and the most comfortable I feel about his abilities is when he's in the opposition box trying to score a header. This is not a good thing

Dalot - Some more trademark sideways passes to no one, conceded the worst defended goal of all time (if you ignore most of the other goals we concede), ruined our last chance by deciding to pretend he was Messi for some fecking reason. If you measured his footballing intelligence as alcohol, he would be an empty bottle of alcohol free alcohol.

Casemiro - I thought he was good until Onana sent him off

Fernandes - like one of those jelly bean boxes where some of the flavours are things like strawberry or delicious ice cream, but others are things like unwashed socks or getting a cactus shoved up your bum.

Rashford - I felt sorry for him with that chance. I thought if he doesn't pass here and misses he'll get destroyed. Then he did pass but managed to feck that up instead. Also though if you're a top player and the kind of human god that is allowed to travel round in a white rolls Royce, you can't go so far to pieces when in bad form that you mess something like that up. That's not white Rolls Royce, it's 30 year old lime green Vauxhall Astra that's been sitting in the corner of the council estate car park with a slashed tire for 6 months

Hojlund - One of the best nights of his career ruined by his team mates celebrating his goal by ramping the incompetence up to 100/10. I really like him.

Subs:
Eriksen - quite a bit better than anyone except Hojlund. The only time we look even half convincing is when he's on the pitch and isn't tired yet. This already leaves very limited time and ETH's way of utilising it is to avoid playing him. A bit lost on that I'm afraid

Martial - pretty sure he managed to lose a 50/50 to himself
Antony - I saw him come on. Then that was the end of Antony’s contribution to the evening's fun.

ETH - I would say what can you do as a manager about that level of idiocy, but he did kind of sign Onana and I still don't know what he thinks he's doing with our midfield, other than butchering it.

How was Casemiro’s foul only a second yellow?

Surely that’s a denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity?
Yeah I thought that. Referee just making it easy for himself, I suspect.

I wonder, if he gave a red and the VAR disagreed, can the downgrade it to a second yellow instead, or can they only cancel the red?

Anyway, how many reds is that now for him in less than a season and a half? I know of 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.